Hilton Assistant Chief Engineer - Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon
Hilton Portland has a unique supervisory opportunity with our Engineering Maintenance team!
The Assistant Chief Engineer position offers a starting pay rate of $22.02, increased to $27.52 after 90 days, PLUS amazing health insurance and the best employee travel program in the industry!
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
We are seeking motivated and energetic Team Members who:
- Have previous experience working in a hotel engineer position
- Have working knowledge of all aspects of the department, including plumbing, electrical, general building maintenance and HVAC
- Have a positive attitude, previous experience in a leadership role, and work experience involving customer/guest service
- Can work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
As an Assistant Chief Engineer, you would be responsible for the following:
- Conducts walk-throughs and visually assess the safe and efficient maintenance and operation of the physical structure(s) of the hotel, all mechanical, electrical, H.V.A.C. systems and any other related equipment.
- Assigns and verifies completion of all routine maintenance on public spaces, meeting rooms, ballrooms, outlets, back of the house spaces and grounds. Assigns and verifies completion of all repairs, replacement, and renovations projects to offices, and employee work areas.
- Hires, trains, supervises and coaches department staff and all other staff under direction of Property Operations, such as Painters, Upholsterers, and Grounds Keepers.
- Adheres to all Corporate required purchasing policies and controls, to include all outside contractor bids, budgets and schedules.
- Informs the General Manager and hotel department heads, on a regular basis, regarding the pecific and overall condition of the building structure(s), related systems and equipment offering prudent, and cost effective proposals for maintaining same. Accesses and inputs information into a computer and generates reports.
- Maintains effective Energy Management and Preventive Maintenance programs, conducting special training for other operating departments on the safe and efficient use of equipment and energy in the hotel.
What are we looking for?
High school diploma and from an apprenticeship and/or advanced training program for operating engineers recognized by the industry and trade. Or any other combination of education, training, or experience that provides the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job.
Five years experience as journey mechanic or engineer with a class A hotel company or related industry. Two years in leadership role within a similar environment.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical systems, components, and devices, HVAC systems, boilers, mechanical systems, plumbing systems and the maintenance and repair of all.
- Excellent knowledge of public construction and building systems; all related permits, licensing, new and existing codes pertaining to public building and fire safety.
- Skill in use of computers and software programs associated with property operations.
- Skilled in the proper and safe use of all tools, equipment, materials, chemicals, and products relating to the department.
- Excellent English verbal, and written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to remain informed on state-of-the-art developments effecting the safe, and effective operation of the building facility.
- Ability to analyze all associated systems as to their design, intent, and effective performance.
- Ability to positively communicate and instruct employees, offering assistance in areas where they lack knowledge, skills or experience Able to rephrase, or "translate" fairly technical information into terms in which a lay person may easily understand.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Assistant Chief Engineer - Hilton Portland
Requisition ID: HOT050E1