Hilton Bellperson (Full-Time) - Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon
Start a rewarding hospitality career with Hilton!
Hilton Portland is currently seeking to fill a FULL TIME BELLPERSON position paying $12.00/hour PLUS tips, health benefits, and the best employee travel program in the industry!
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus 30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
We are seeking motivated and energetic Team Members who:
- Have a valid Oregon or Washington driver license
- Are able to drive a stick shift
- Have prior customer service experience
- Has the ability to work a flexible schedule including mornings, evenings, overnight, weekdays, weekends and holidays
Are you ready to find out why Hilton has beencertified as a 2018 Great Place to Work®? Apply today for immediate interview!
What will I be doing?
A Bellperson is responsible for escorting arriving and departing guests in a friendly, courteous manner to and from their accommodations, transporting their luggage. Acquaint each guest with room and features. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Remain calm and attentive, especially during heavy hotel activity and emergencies.
- Grasp, lift, carry and/or load luggage and packages onto a bell cart to transport items throughout hotel to designated room. Navigate bell-carts through public areas, guest room corridors and to elevators. Requires physical stamina to stand, lift, carry and walk continuously for duration of shift.
- Read and match luggage tags, write claim tickets and detach portion to give to guest.
- Organize and store luggage as necessary in a designated area.
- Escort customers to accommodations, visually inspect room and telephone and report deficiencies such as towels to housekeeping immediately. Point out room features and directory for reference.
- Listen and respond to guest inquiries using a positive, clear speaking voice. Answer questions and offer assistance giving accurate information regarding outlet hours, other hotel services, directions to local attractions or function rooms, car rentals, air line shuttle service, etc.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
Prior Customer Service experience required. Prior Hospitality experience preferred.
Must have a valid OR or WA drivers license within 30 days of employment.
Prefer ability to operate a manual transmission (stick shift).
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Valid Oregon or Washington driver's license with clean record required.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Applicants with additional language skills preferred
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to understand and follow written and or verbal instructions.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally in English.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger and collect accurate information.
- Ability to read English language sufficient to ascertain information from luggage tags and claim checks to write numbers and names on claim checks and rooming lists.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry or otherwise move packages, boxes and luggage up to 50 lbs. continuously throughout shift.
- Ability to stand, walk and/or sit and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Sufficient manual dexterity in one hand to be able to load and unload luggage.
- Ability to perform tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances on property.
- Ability to rapidly ascend or descend up to five flights of stairs.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Bellperson (Full-Time) - Hilton Portland
Requisition ID: HOT05O8I