Hilton Cashier/Host Person - HopCity Tavern - Hilton Portland in Portland, Oregon
Start a rewarding hospitality career with Hilton, a certified 2018 Great Place to Work®!
Hilton Portland's HopCity Tavern is seeking a friendly, outgoing, team member with strong attention to detail to join us as Cashier/Host Person! Perks of joining our team include affordable comprehensive health insurance, increases after 90 and 180 days, and the best employee travel program in the industry!
This is a union position with a starting pay rate of $14.67/hour
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
We are seeking motivated and hospitality-minded Team Members who:
- Have cashier experience, preferably in a food and beverage environment
- Have previous work experience in a restaurant
- Display a positive, outgoing demeanor and enjoy working with people
- Can work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays with no schedule restrictions
What will I be doing?
A Cashier/Host Person is responsible for greeting and escorting guests to restaurant tables. Accurately collects payments and makes change to close out guest checks totaling food and beverage purchases in a friendly and courteous manner. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Receives and visually inspects guest check for any inaccuracies, then closes the check to the proper method of payment, (i.e., cash, credit card or house charge).
- Meets and greets guests as they arrive, offers choice of seating, then escorts them to their table and presents menu.
- Complies with accounting guidelines regarding receipt of payments, check total verification, tip disbursement, cash drawer and house bank management.
- Balance house bank at the end of the shift. Retrieves and returns bank from vault to work station and return, to ensure accountability.
- Ascertains guest satisfaction; in the event of dissatisfaction, tactfully negotiates accommodation.
What are we looking for?
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities. High school diploma preferred.
- Minimum of one (1) year customer service experience required
- Minimum of one (1) year cash handling experience required
- Prior restaurant experience required
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Ability to obtain Food Handler's Card and OLCC card. CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
- Ability to answer and prioritize incoming phone calls on a multi-line system.
- Basic mathematical skills necessary to operate a cash register, make change, total guest checks, count total bank, prepare cash drops, total all other charges and understand portion sizes as relating to pricing.
- Ability to effectively deal with and resolve conflict situations, such as inaccurate check total.
- Ability to read and speak the English language sufficient to understand menus and special promotions, and communicate with guests
- Ability to operate a keyboard and Point of Sale procedures to handle cashier functions.
- Ability to sit and/or stand and work continually in confined spaces.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Bars and Restaurants
Title: Cashier/Host Person - HopCity Tavern - Hilton Portland
Requisition ID: HOT05AQ0