Hilton Front Office Supervisor - The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel in Portland, Oregon
A Front Office Supervisor is responsible for assigning work and ensuring the completion of daily tasks in Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
As a Hilton Team Member, you are eligible for:
- Travel Program with 30 room nights per year for you plus30 for your friends/family
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time programs
- Free employee meals
- 50% discounted monthly TriMet passes
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Education Assistance
We are seeking motivated and energetic Team Members who:
- Have at least two years of experience working in a hotel or resort front office operation
- Have a positive, service-oriented demeanor and love working with people
- Can work a flexible schedule including mornings, nights, weekends and holidays
What will I be doing?
As a Front Office Supervisor, you would be responsible for assigning work and ensuring the completion of daily tasks in Front Office operations in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Assign work and supervise team member performance in all Front Office procedures including, but not limited to, guest check-in and check-out, lobby traffic and flow, luggage assistance, telephone operator services and determining room rates and availability
- Respond to guest inquiries and resolve issues and complaints in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Support and assist team members in handling guest inquiries and requests and in resolving guest complaints
- Schedule, assign daily work, lead pre-shift meetings, inform and train team members
- Monitor, observe and assist in evaluating team member performance
- Monitor lobby traffic and adjust staffing accordingly
- High School graduate or equivalent required
- 4 year college degree preferred with emphasis on foreign languages.
- Minimum of Two (2) Years Front Office experience in a hotel, resort or directly related environment is required.
- Additional night audit, hotel and customer service experience preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred
- High degree of proficiency with MS Office and internet-based systems required. OnQ PMS experience helpful.
LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
CPR Certification and/or First Aid Training preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process.
Additional language ability preferred.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Basic mathematical skills and considerable skill in the use and operation of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to see and hear in order to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Guest Services and Front Office
Title: Front Office Supervisor - The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel
Requisition ID: HOT05464