Hilton Housekeeping Houseperson - Embassy Suites Portland in Portland, Oregon
A Houseperson is responsible for cleaning and maintaining public areas of the hotel, assisting room/suite attendants with general cleaning of guest rooms and suites. This includes vacuuming, shampooing of carpets; cleaning/waxing of floors; trash removal; stocking and maintaining supply rooms and other cleaning duties.
What will I be doing?
A Houseperson is responsible for cleaning and maintaining public areas of the hotel, assisting room/suite attendants with general cleaning of guest rooms and suites. This includes vacuuming, shampooing of carpets; cleaning/waxing of floors; trash removal; stocking and maintaining supply rooms and other cleaning duties. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Cleaning of public areas to include, but not limited to cleaning of public restrooms, corridors, lobby areas and other public spaces in the hotel. This may include vacuuming, mopping, sweeping, waxing, scrubbing, wiping and dusting.
- Participate in the scheduled general cleaning of guest rooms.
- Report maintenance requests to insure public areas comply with brand standards.
What are we looking for?
High School graduate or equivalent preferred
One(1) year prior customer service experience preferred but not necessary. Six (6)months prior experience in cleaning, janitorial or housekeeping preferred.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance. Specific uniform guidelines and/or required articles of clothing will be explained to you as a part of the orientation process. \
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to arrive at work on time and when scheduled.
- Ability to work independently, completing all daily assigned duties
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other team members verbally and / or in writing.
- Ability to learn, follow and enforce standards for cleanliness as they apply to the areas assigned.
- Ability to follow all safety procedures/standards and able to recognize and act in emergency situations.
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Job: Housekeeping and Laundry
Title: Housekeeping Houseperson - Embassy Suites Portland
Requisition ID: HOT05O0W