Hilton Senior Sales Manager - Hilton Portland Downtown & The Duniway in Portland, Oregon
As Senior Sales Manager for the Communications, Consumer Products, Arts, Retail Business Services, Real Estate and Sport market at the at Hilton Portland Downtown and The Duniway, a Hilton Hotel you are responsible for the development of market segment(s) and solicitation of new customer relationships and accounts while maintaining existing relationships with current accounts while consistently striving to maximize revenue and promote relationships through effective negotiation of guest room and meeting space rentals, and prices as well as food and beverage services.
We are looking for an experienced group sales managers to handle one of the driver markets for the property. 3 years of groups sales is required. 400 room hotel experience is preferred. Business Development and luxury experience a plus!
***Position is property based.***
What will I be doing?
Specifically, you would be responsible for the following:
- Responsibly represent the hotel through conducting conferences, making proposals and other external sales presentations to prospective customers to solicit, explain, negotiate and close hotel sales. Utilize discretion and authority to negotiate contracts and commit company with customers and establish agreements with vendors.
- Travel and engage in sales activities outside of the hotel to meet with and entertain customers and prospective customers, participate in tradeshows, and industry and community events to promote facilities, to make proposals, maintain contacts, and to close deals.
- Write proposals and/or contracts to advise prospective groups for meeting space and/or banquet date, space and rate availability for group accommodations (76 guest rooms) for moderately complex meetings. Develop and quote prices for same.
- Attend weekly sales departmental meeting and other scheduled meetings to support business operations, e.g., tentative review, lost business review, group-pick up, etc.
- Conduct site inspections and property tours with potential customers, visiting guest rooms, meeting space and banquet facilities, as well as other hotel facilities.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision “to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality” unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Title: Senior Sales Manager - Hilton Portland Downtown & The Duniway
Requisition ID: HOT05T9Q