HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Lactation Specialist PRN in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate leaders who strive to make a positive impact on the health of their community to join the Portsmouth Regional Family.
Lactation Specialist * *Per Diem/ PRN
The Lactation Consultant is a certified individual that holds specialized knowledge and clinical expertise in breastfeeding and human lactation and provides comprehensive breastfeeding education, support and assistance for women during the prenatal to post partum periods.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide evidence-based information and education to inpatient and outpatient breastfeeding mothers.
- Support practices that promote breastfeeding
- Provide comprehensive mother/baby feeding assessments and feeding plans using current and approved techniques and devices that safely support breastfeeding.
- Provide information on community resources.
- Participate, as needed, in the weekly mother’s support group, the monthly prenatal breastfeeding classes, and staff education.
_Experience:_ * 1 year previous work/education experience is required _Licensure and Certifications:_ * International Board of Certified Lactation Consultant * BLS _Education:_ * Associates degree required _ _
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Lactation Specialist PRN
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-7072