HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist PRN/Hours Vary in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Phlebotomist - PRN/Varying Hours
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Click here to see what it's like to work at Portsmouth Regional: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lq-gxPB34
- Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard techniques and equipment
- Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform specimen processing duties
- Responds to requests for emergency service in a timely manner
- Organizes workload within the department to meet the needs of the institution
- Answers all incoming phone calls and requests for information in a timely manner
- Is aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on patient care, the work unit, the department, and facility operations
- Makes decisions and establishes priorities for specimen collection and processing based on established policies and procedures. Work in an independent manner with limited supervision
- Maintains clean workstation
- Demonstrates initial and annual competency in phlebotomy and processing, including all computer related functions.
- Performs and documents various quality control and equipment maintenance procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations
- Shares daily workload in the phlebotomy/processing section. Make a contribution to section and department objectives.
- Prioritizes work to assure completion within the assigned shift and according to required TAT
- Adheres to hospital policy for reporting patient safety issues, including errors. Consistently “Puts Patient Safety First” when performing job duties or providing care
EDUCATION Required - High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Preferred - phlebotomy experience
CERTIFICATION American Heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support Certification required
Title: Phlebotomist PRN/Hours Vary
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-7656