HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Phlebotomist in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Portsmouth Regional is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction.
Click here to see what it's like to work at Portsmouth Regional:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0lq-gxPB34
· Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform a variety of routine blood drawing procedures using standard techniques and equipment. Know policies, procedures and practices necessary to perform specimen processing duties. Be aware of the role of the position and its potential impact on patient care, the work unit, the department, and facility operations.
· Make decisions and establish priorities for specimen collection and processing based on established policies and procedures. Work in an independent manner with limited supervision.
· Demonstrate initial and annual competency in phlebotomy and processing, including all computer related functions.
· Shares daily workload in the phlebotomy/processing section. Make a contribution to section and department objectives.
· Prioritizes work to assure completion within the assigned shift and according to required TAT.
· Performs and documents various quality control and equipment maintenance procedures to maintain compliance with internal and external regulations.
· Maintain constructive, open communication with supervisors, co-workers and customers. Demonstrate an awareness of patient/client expectations and seek to satisfy.
· Exhibits customer service skills in dealings with patients, visitors, physicians, hospital staff and coworkers.
· Possess an understanding of and an ability to participate in: Laboratory QA, Safety Plans/Policies, Lab Billing , Compliance, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA requirements as they relate to your position, the department and the facility. Respect and adhere to the mission, vision, and values of CJW Medical Center.
· Demonstrate knowledge and skill necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patient served, including patient education, when applicable
EDUCATION Required - High School Diploma or equivalent Preferred - High School Diploma or equivalent
EXPERIENCE Required - phlebotomy experience Preferred - processing experience
CERTIFICATION Preferred - ASCP/ASPT certified
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-7320