HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Registered Nurse (RN) / Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) / Full Time / Nights in Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Portsmouth Regional Hospital is a 209-bed acute care hospital located in Portsmouth, NH, and is part of HCA, the nation’s largest provider of healthcare services. Portsmouth Regional Hospital serves the seacoast region’s residents in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts and is also one of the area’s largest employers. Portsmouth Regional Hospital is the only Level II Trauma Center on the Seacoast and one of only three in New Hampshire to earn this important distinction. We are looking for highly motivated and passionate leaders who strive to make a positive impact on the health of their community to join the Portsmouth Regional Family.
Registered Nurse / Intermediate Care Unit
Full Time w/ Rotating Weekends
POSITION SUMMARY: Registered nurse demonstrates independence in planning, organizing, administering, and evaluating patient care in accordance with the NH Nurse Practice Act, recognized nursing techniques, clinical and administrative policies.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgment and leadership in planning, directing, and the provision of nursing care to the patients in accordance with the N.H. Nurse Practice Act, recognized nursing techniques, and clinical and administrative policies.
• Provide therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical principles and values.
• Demonstrate knowledge of normal anatomy and physiology of the adult patient population.
• Provide safe medication administration for the adult patient population.
• Demonstrates critical thinking skills, scientific judgement and leadership in planning for the care of the patient.
• Assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
• Delegate appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
• Work closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
• Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
• Monitors, records, and communicates effectively patient condition as appropriate, utilizing computerized documentation systems to maintain therapeutic relationships with patients, families, and physicians.
• Instructs and educates patients and families.
• Assesses and coordinates patient’s discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Set priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment.
• Collaborate with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment and assist physician during treatment/examination of patient and process orders
• Makes appropriate and timely notification to physicians on patient condition changes and carries out physician orders.
• It is expected that the RN will attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager/Director and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
Critical Care or Telemetry Experience
Less than a year of experience
Licensure and Certifications:
New Hampshire State License or Valid Compact State License
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Registered Nurse (RN) / Intermediate Care Unit (IMCU) / Full Time / Nights
Location: New Hampshire-Portsmouth-Portsmouth Regional Hospital - Portsmouth
Requisition ID: 00147-7841