Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Fragrance Development Specialist in Princeton, New Jersey
At Church & Dwight, we value talented professionals with a strong desire to make a positive impact in our company. As a rapidly growing organization, we are always seeking passionate and creative individuals whose action-oriented mindset will foster continued growth throughout our leading brands.
Support the development, testing and delivery of high quality, cost effective, consumer delighting fragrances for the entire CHD global portfolio. Where appropriate, this includes both the perceived and technical performance of the fragrances and requires an understanding of consumer’s habits and product usage. Work with Product Development to understand & guide the aesthetics development. Act as technical liaison between partners (internal & external) to assist with issues during development. Maintain effective communication with both internal and external partners such as Product Development and the fragrance suppliers.
Fragrance development for all CHD categories including but not limited to:
Work with Product Development and Marketing and align on project parameters, desired consumer experience, technical issues, cost and timing to write briefs and recommend next steps/solutions
Writing & executing briefs for new projects, base changes, feasibility studies, fragrance modifications, regulatory mandates
Work with Consumer Research for best testing approach for fragrance screening/selection as well as claims support
Summarize the consumer/expert test results on projects & conduct debriefing with the suppliers. Assist with Marketing alignment & debrief.
Manage & facilitate technical problem solving/information exchange between suppliers & PD including formulations, stability issues, dosages, etc.
Coordinate other aspects of fragrance development– such as scheduling category reviews, base/product requirements; supplier adherence to CHD & regulatory requirements. Includes ensuring submission requirements and PD needs are met during the development process.
Responsible for fragrance evaluations including stability, submissions, reworks.
- BS in Sciences from an accredited institution. Technical background and/or product development experience is required. 5+ years of experience in a development or fragrance evaluation/sensory role either with a consumer package goods company or supplier.
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/.
• Innovation-We consistently generate new ideas, thinking outside the box while remaining strategically focused. We always think in terms of possibilities, not limitations.
• Collaboration-We rely on open and honest communication to develop productive working relationships within and across our business units and functions. The mutual respect we have for our colleagues enables us to challenge each other, leading to an even more cohesive team.
• Focus-We maintain a laser-like focus on our consumers. We will grow by leveraging consumer insights on all of our brands and will continue to be industry leaders.
• Entrepreneurialism-We pride ourselves on fostering this spirit where risk-taking and action is encouraged. We are extremely competitive externally, but not internally.