Church & Dwight Co., Inc. Process Engineering Co-Op (Spring 2020) in Princeton, New Jersey
A collective energy and ambition. A place where you can make a real difference.
We’re a company that genuinely cares about our people, our products, our consumers and the environment.
Our unique, informal culture champions courage, determination and collaboration. Knowing we have an open and supportive team means each of us has the freedom to take responsibility and ownership. We have a shared passion to work hard, innovate and push boundaries.
United by the belief that when we strive for growth, anything is possible. While we might not be the largest company in our industry, we believe we can have the biggest impact because: Together We Have the Power to Win.
Position: R&D Process Engineer Co-op Location: Princeton, NJ Research Center Duration: 6 month Co-op Objective: Assists Senior Level Technician(s) and Engineer(s) in various Pilot Plant and Process Development activities. Developmental Process work will take place in one of our five R&D Pilot Plants (Personal Care, Liquid Laundry, Powdered Solids, Unit Dose, or Vitamins) before being transferred to one of our plants for Production Start-up and Qualification. Work may include special projects and independent projects under the supervision of Engineers.
• Assists Engineer(s) in various Pilot Plant and Production activities.
• Performs pilot plant assignments in order to meet pilot plant and process development requirements. Responsibilities can include DOE (Design of Experiments) for pilot work, preparing lab or pilot scale batches, and conducting Research independently or as instructed by Senior Technicians or Engineers.
• Work will include keeping complete records of work, recording observations, and assisting in any other work as necessary per Senior Engineers to complete daily routine and non-routine Process Development Activities.
• Work may also include monitoring or conducting plant trials and studies as assigned by supervisors and may include assisting in troubleshooting manufacturing batches.
• Work can include independent or collaborative research projects towards developing new manufacturing processes, increasing manufacturing efficiency, or performing trials and experimentation to explore and qualify manufacturing processes for Personal Care, Cosmetic, OTC, Medical Device, Household, or Laundry consumer products.
• College Student Majoring in Chemical Engineering Discipline.
• Should possess good communication skills and good computer skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
• Statistical and analytical problem solving skills are a plus.
• Knowledge of Chemical Unit Operations and Mass Balances are a plus.
Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. Church & Dwight Co., Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veteran
Church & Dwight is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.For more information on our company, our brands and our culture visit us at http://www.churchdwight.com/
Church & Dwight is a world-leader in household and personal care products. Our global brands include ARM & HAMMER®, Batiste, OxiClean, Trojan, XTRA, Nair, First Response, Spinbrush, Orajel, vitafusion, Li’l Critters, Water Pik and FLAWLESS®. Founded in 1846, we have operations globally and are listed in the S&P 500.