Waste Management Controller - RCI in QUEBEC, Canada
Title: Controller - RCI
Job Number: 18004706
Manages and ensures compliance of accounting functions including: billing, collection, payroll, accounts payable, accounting and reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages the following functions and staff for a given site or geography: billing and collection, payroll, accounts payable and accounting/reporting.
- Administers the financial analysis activities and provides for the analysis and interpretation of past, present and indicated future results of the company and divisions and affiliates, relating to sales, costs, profits and rate of return.
- Administers and provides for financial planning and budget preparation and follow up controls and comparisons relating to both short-term and long-term plans for corporate, divisional and affiliate units.
- Administers design and implementation of financial information systems; seeks ways to improve financial reporting and controls.
- Spearheads periodic campaigns for profit improvement and finding other potential savings for the company. Issues interpretative written reports to management relating to weak spots in need of corrective action.
- Reviews all capital expenditure requests from the standpoint of approval control and insures that required financial analysis has been completed where required for those proposals requiring senior management and/or Board approval.
- Oversees personnel needs of the department including selecting, coaching, and training employees and evaluating employee performance. Provides input into termination, compensation and promotion decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or High School Diploma/GED and four years of relevant work experience.
- Seven years of relevant work experience, in addition to education requirement.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on RRSP and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation and Holidays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Accounting/Audit/Finance