Hilton Shift Engineer in Queenstown, New Zealand
A Maintenance Shift Engineer with Hilton Hotels and Resorts will support the Assistant Chief Engineer and Chief Engineer with general maintenance work, to maintain proper conditions of tools, equipment, and working areas throughout the hotel.
Our unique location offers our guests two hotels from the Hilton brand to choose from: Hilton Queenstown Resort and Spa and DoubleTree by Hilton Queenstown and all of our Team Members get to work across both brands
WHAT WILL I BE DOING?
A Maintenance Shift Engineer, you will support the Engineering Department to ensure an exceptional operational experience throughout the hotel. Specifically, a Maintenance Assistant will perform the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Perform day-to-day general maintenance duties within the hotel
- Respond promptly to maintenance issues and emergency calls
- Conduct regular inspection tours of the hotel to ensure all operating equipment is working correctly
- Work closely with the Engineering Team on any projects or schedules
- Maintain all tools, equipment, and working areas in proper condition
- Follow all Health & Safety rules within the Department and the hotel
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service when engaging with Guests
- Perform any other tasks as requested by the Chief Engineer to ensure the smooth operation of the hotel
- Perform mechanical functions on company vehicles
WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
To successfully fill this role, you should maintain the attitude, behaviours, skills, and values that follow:
- Previous maintenance experience, preferably in a hotel or a similar varied work environment such as ships, hospitals or retail businesses
- NZ recognized Trade certification
- Mechanical engineering skills and experience - highly desirable
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work without close supervision and within established timeframes
- Strong work ethic
- A passion for managing a variety of projects and tasks throughout the day
WHAT IS IN IT FOR ME?
As a Hilton team member you can expect to receive the following and more:
- Competitive benefits such as daily dry-cleaned uniform and hot meal in our Team Member restaurant
- Member of the Hilton GO program giving you access to discounted room and F&B rates worldwide
- Access to Hilton University training, offering more than 3,500 learning programs
- Participate in ongoing recognition programs
- Leadership training and development and worldwide career opportunities
Job: Engineering, Maintenance and Facilities
Title: Shift Engineer
Requisition ID: HOT05R7O