Oracle ERP Solution Engineering Director in Redwood City, California
Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sales cycle.
As part of the Oracle sales team you will direct and manage pre-sales resources throughout the sales cycle. Provides technical/functional leadership to the sales team in the development and implementation of customer applications and customer products. Participates in account planning and strategy development. May publishes technical information of specific applications and/or technical articles. Works with management to define new products. Serves as the company liaison on specific technical projects with customers.
Assists in the development of short, medium, and long term plans to achieve strategic objectives. Regularly interacts across functional areas with senior management or executives to ensure unit objectives are met. Ability to influence thinking or gain acceptance of others in sensitive situations is important. Knowledge of software industry relating to all aspects of ebusiness solutions. Demonstrated leadership skills. Strong presentation skills. Ability to travel as needed. BA/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
This is a remote/office based position which may be performed anywhere in the United States except for within the state of Colorado.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a passion for people and for dazzling your customers with great presentations and engaging sessions, then this represents the perfect opportunity to blend your skills with your functional and business acumen. You will now have the chance to make an impact on one of the most important transformations in the history of Oracle.
For the role of Regional Solution Engineering Manager, we are searching for a motivated and passionate individual, who can lead a Regional Solution Engineering team towards excellence. With your drive and goal-getter attitude, you’ll play a key role in driving change for your region.
The Solution Engineering Manager is responsible for leading a team of Solution Engineers who work closely together with the Sales organization, selling Oracle’s market-leading cloud solutions in ERP, SCM, and EPM.
Your key objectives are:
Create and sustain an environment where your team is inspired, informed, educated, enabled, recognized, and rewarded with the goal of sustained success.
Be a partner to the business and ensure your team is working on the right things, at the right time, and in the right manner.
Maximize your teams’ productivity by promoting re-use and use of our Solution Engineering Shared Services.
Modernize the way your team engages with customers, using compelling, innovative, and creative tools and techniques.
There are four main aspects of the role:
*Strategic Sales Partnership *
Manage a partnership with your key stakeholders to help develop a strategic plan for the industry/regional sectors you support and the way you will work together on executing the plan.
*Tactical Sales Partnership *
Help develop great opportunity and account strategies and engage the appropriate presales teams to support them. You will also run and attend deal clinics and reviews, dry runs, and dress rehearsals. You will act as a sponsor or a lead for certain key deals and accounts. You will also run regular business reviews with sales management to ensure alignment on priorities and progress on key deals.
*Team Management *
Create and sustain an environment where your team is inspired, informed, educated, enabled, recognized, and rewarded with the goal of ensuring you have a successful and, above all, a happy team. Typical activities include Team meetings, 1:1s, Best Practice sharing. Weekly time card review and approval, overtime review and approval, expense report review and approval, and weekly time entry and data quality.
*Business improvement initiatives *
You will also be expected to lead or participate in projects and initiatives across Solution Engineering to help solve problems and improve as a business.
Key Areas of Responsibility and Tasks
_Sales Execution Tasks: _
· Collaborate with sales management and sales account executives to plan account strategies through participation in informal and formal account reviews.
· Demonstrate innovative approaches to sales cycles and pipeline development.
· Balance the required presales investment with the value of each opportunity, challenging when appropriate
· Engage the appropriate presales team for qualified sales opportunities, including the identification of a presales lead
· Enforce consistent presales processes, including CRM-based opportunity management, dry-runs, and discovery sessions, to ensure superior demos, and presentations, resulting in the flawless execution of the sales cycle.
· With select sales cycles, build strategic partnerships with key decision-makers in customer organization.
· Monitor the impact of each presales team member throughout each sales cycle in order to fairly compensate each member once the deal closes
· Maintain high-level knowledge of Oracle’s entire solution suite and key competitors
Balance the utilization level of the team, including investment in business development activities, necessary to build the pipeline for the aligned sales teams
· Qualification of sales opportunities.
_Team Development Tasks: _
· Identify areas of development for each team member and work with each to define and execute a tailored learning plan. Foster an atmosphere of continuous learning and improvement.
· Monitor the development activities towards industry and solution learning goals.
· Provide feedback and coaching after dry-runs, demos, and presentations in order to help them hone their skills.
· Provide formal oral and written feedback during annual performance management reviews.
· Ensure a fair compensation process for software revenue activities in collaboration with the ASMs and other SE Managers.
· Drive and encourage your team members toward their group’s revenue target.
· Help develops the larger presales organization through leadership of a solution- or industry-focused community of practice which provides enablement and a voice of the field to solution engineering management.
· Be resourceful and creative. Consider how existing solutions might be combined to leverage new sales opportunities. Try innovative approaches and techniques.
· Ensure adherence to, and regular review of the ERP, EPM, and SCM Solution Engineering Charter.
· 10 years of relevant IT solution support e.g. pre-sales, architecture, delivery or professional services
· _MUST_be an expert and_HIGHLY_knowledgeable Retail/CPG OR Financial Services industry
· 5 years of personnel management experience
· 10 years presales experience
· Experience leading regional/industry/architecture teams, appropriate knowledge of methodologies and technology
· Demonstrated experience working in a matrix / multi-level management structure
· Proven experience building diverse teams, highly inclusive leadership style
· Proficiency in Oracle solutions, competitors, technology, and business models preferred
· Leadership, drive for results and “can do” attitude
· Experience in:
· Leading teams
· People Management
· Performance Management
· Sales and sales processes
· Building and motivating teams
. Bachelor equivalent: minimum requirement
. Master equivalent: optional
Job: *Pre Sales
Title: ERP Solution Engineering Director
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 210000QU
- Oracle Jobs