Oracle Technical Cloud Architect (PaaS / IaaS) in Redwood City, California
Technical Cloud Architect (PaaS / IaaS)
What do we do
Oracle Applications Unlimited on Cloud (AUC) is Oracle’s commitment to add value to customers’ current implementations by running their Oracle Applications Unlimited products such as E-Business Suite, PeopleSoft, JD Edwards, Siebel and others on Oracle Cloud Infrastructure utilizing Managed IaaS and PaaS services. This allows customer to preserve their investment while taking steps to migrate to SaaS Cloud Services.
Our enterprise-grade solution provides:
*More Visibility—with access to Oracle’s product roadmap to plan upgrades, allocate resources and secure budgets
*More Choice—allowing you to tailor your enterprise business and IT strategies- More Time—reduces downtime, shorter upgrade cycles, proven upgrade paths and methodologies
*More Innovation—Oracle R&D brings the latest technology to your application investment
* You will be part of a cross-discipline architecture team. The role comes with a lot of autonomy in introducing change and work with highly skilled professionals in enterprise applications. As a Cloud architect, you will take point on delivering customer solution blueprints, defining standards and work closely with customers to improve their experience with our services.
* You will be working with solution architects, customer's technical teams, internal stakeholders and Oracle cloud teams to drive results. You will be required to identify gaps in the overall design (system / security / storage / network/ applications/ standards etc) as customer application workload moves from on-prem to Oracle’s public cloud environment.
* The job also includes presenting your solutions to executives and technical leads inside Oracle as well as customers. You will be required to balance short-term business needs vs. long-term technical needs. You are expected to be self-motivated to take ownership of work assignments without much supervision and accountable for driving results through innovation and customer satisfaction.
* Successful candidates will have 10 years of related experience and a dedication to on-going professional development.
* Prior experience as a Technical lead/Manager (Sr Engineer/Architect) for medium to large scale public cloud deployment
* BS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Engineering background preferred; MS Degree desired.
* Industry certifications : Oracle cloud infrastructure-Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional, MCSE – Cloud platform and infrastructure, Redhat Certified Architect.
* Design and deployment of global, highly available, enterprise-scale global cloud infrastructures
* Advanced knowledge of cloud and physical infrastructure concepts, technologies and patterns.
* Deep expertise and hands-on experience with Public Cloud (IaaS,PaaS,SaaS) and Infrastructure as Code capabilities
* Strong design and hands on troubleshooting background in the following:
o Public cloud platforms like: OCI, OCIC, AWS, Azure and GCP etc
o Migrating complex, multi-tier applications on cloud
o Configuration management (Chef, Puppet, Ansible)
o Cloud orchestration (CloudFormation, Terraform)
o Cloud Security technology and best practices (Oracle Cloud Security lists/groups, AWS Security Groups, SSO, IAM, WAF, Federated)
o Authentication and Authorization technologies (LDAP, Kerberos, AD)
o Authentication and Authorization protocols (OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, SAML)
o Telemetry solutions
o Proven software development skills in at least one language- Python, ruby, Java
o Deep expertise in system networking solutions - DNS,
o Hands on expertise on ELK, Splunk & similar on a public cloud platform.
o Experience of backup & disaster recovery options and implementation in the cloud.
o Familiarity with industry compliance and security standards including PCI DSS, SOC-1&2, ISO 27001, HIPAA, GxP and FDA.
* Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
* Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
* Container Orchestration (Mesos, Kubernetes, Docker)
* DDoS mitigation and intrusion detections methods and experience
* Global CDN solutions
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Work with Oracle
s world class technology to develop, implement, and support Oracle
s global infrastructure.
As a member of the IT organization, lead the design, development, modification, debugging, and evaluation programs for extremely complex internal systems. Provide expertise to analyze existing programs or formulate logic for new internal systems. Develop conversion and system implementation plans. Recommend changes to development, maintenance, and system standards.
Provide leadership and expertise in extremely complex internal systems, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology. Recommend and justify major changes to existing internal systems. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Ten or more years of related experience recommended.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job: Information Technology
Location: US-CA,California-Redwood City
Other Locations: US-TX,Texas-Austin, US-WA,Washington-Seattle
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire