Eaton Corporation Shipping Associate in Reno, Nevada
Eaton’s Electrical group is currently seeking a Shipping Associate- 1st shift to join our team. This position is in our Reno, NV facility.
The Shipping Associate will be responsible for operating a forklift. This individual will be responsible for picking, packing and pulling orders.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. . It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
You will be picking, packing, and pulling orders in an efficient and accurate manner.
You will be using bar-code scanners.
You will be checking, stocking/replenishing inventory as needed.
You will be loading trucks and performing inventory control
You will be using SAP computer, UPS Online, FedEx Maxiship system to perform & complete duties.
Supports all facility Continuous Improvement and LEAN initiatives
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED from an accredited institution is required.
• Minimum 1 year experience operating powered industrial vehicles (fork lifts).
• Must be legally authorized to work in the US without company sponsorship.
• No relocation provided. Candidates must reside within 50 miles of Reno, NV in order to be considered.
• Able to stand on feet continuously during working shift.
• Must be able to work flexible hours including nights and weekends with little advanced notice.
• Able to regularly lift 35 pounds without assistance and occasionally lift 50 pounds with assistance.
• Must be able to wear required personal protective equipment as required by company policy and procedure.
• Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal format in English.
• Ability to work with exposure to cold/heat weather conditions while shipping doors are open.
• 1 year of experience using an overhead crane is preferred.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: EPG BLD BLine Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.