IBM IT Business Analyst in RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, North Carolina
Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Are you looking for an opportunity to influence, impact and inspire change?
As Business Analyst, you will be sharing the responsibility for providing the team with clarity of vision. You will understand the value of having an end-to-end understanding of how the business operates and the role that data plays in this. Our teams work in iterations. Here are some of the activities you can expect to participate in, during a typical iteration:
· Work closely with Product Owners in gathering feedback from stakeholders and users, and use it to elicit business requirements
· Work closely with Product Owners to create powerful and compelling visions for the short-term, medium-term and long-term direction of the product
· Involve designers and developers in the translation of business requirements into potentially shippable increments that the team can work on
· Ensuring that we have user stories that encourage conversation between all parties and promote empathy for our users
· Maintain product backlogs by helping Product Owners to prioritise user stories, and leading the team in backlog refinement sessions
· Aid the team in creating short-term plans that they can confidently and consistently deliver to
· Assist Product Owners in managing stakeholder expectations and creating realistic medium-term delivery plans
· Validate product increments against business requirements, throughout the development process
· Supplement designers and developers with data-informed insights that they need to make smart decisions
· Perform research into processes and technologies that the team does not yet understand
· Dig into data issues among different upstream and downstream systems and resolve them quickly
In order to be successful in this role, you will have a successful track record in the following areas
· Work effectively as part of a software development team
· Take a complex system or process, break it up into its constituent pieces, and make suggestions of how to optimise and innovate
· Analyse a large and complex data set, and generate actionable insights
· Present compelling business cases that influence decision makers
· Analyse, process and present quantitative and qualitative data to a variety of audiences
· Give meticulous attention to detail; you notice things that others miss
· Have excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
· Demonstrate experience of Agile methodologies, including Scrum
· Exhibit great planning and organisational skills, time management, and ability to handle and prioritise your own workload
· Work to urgent deadlines and manage changing requirements
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
· Proven experience as Business Analyst or similar in IT software projects, operating in large scale complex enterprise
· Experience in gathering and analysing complex requirements from multiple stakeholders in enterprise setting
· Experience with full software life cycle, including working with Developers and Designers in translating business requirements as well as maintaining product backlogs
· Experience in writing user stories
· Experience in data analysis to generate meaningful insights from large data sets, including working with big data and ‘add specific tools’ (DIA specific)
· Hands-on experience in using SQL to analyze data with complex relationships in data model
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
· You’re a data analyst who can write complex SQL to query data needed from database directly
· You’re an analytical thinker who is passionate about leveraging data to deliver actionable insights that impact daily business decisions
· You’re an effective negotiator who relishes turning subjective opinions into objective discussions
· You’re an aspiring leader who can define and communicate the meaning of the work we do, and relate it back to business results
About Business Unit
The IBM Finance organization is responsible for driving enterprise performance and transformation. We are the financial stewards of IBM, delivering IBM’s financial strategy, developing new business models, and mitigating enterprise risk. Do you have a passion for creating business value? Join our team in accounting, financial planning, pricing, business controls, tax, treasury, business development (acquisitions & divestitures), and global financing.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
IBM will not be providing visa sponsorship for this position now or in the future. Therefore, in order to be considered for this position, you must have the ability to work without a need for current or future visa sponsorship.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs