IBM IT Support DevIT: IBM Tech Re-Entry in RESEARCH TRIANGLE PARK, North Carolina
IBM's Tech Re-Entry program is looking for talented technical professionals who are looking to restart their careers after an absence from the workforce of two years or more. This paid 12 week returnship will enable you to work on projects that match your expertise, interests, and abilities and could lead to full-time employment. During your IBM Tech Re-Entry returnship program, you will have the opportunity to update your skills in a contemporary work environment. You will have access to the latest tools and technologies available and work alongside a multi-disciplinary teams to hone your expertise and deliver on client-critical solutions. You'll be able to experience the breadth of IBM resources while developing new skills and relationships.
We are seeking candidates for the role of Internal IT Support as part of the WW DevIT Organization.
DevIT operates as a fast paced, dynamic organization, providing leading edge IT services across our WW internal development, test and support organizations. DevIT continues to transform services to allow our internal customers to efficiently deliver products and solutions that positively impact IBMs bottom line.
This candidate will begin as a System Administration and be part of a larger WW team responsible for the installation, support and maintenance of core infrastructure across our various service platforms (AIX, Linux, Windows).
• Other responsibilities include responding to service outages and other IT problems reported by internal customers.
• Responding to customer issues through our OneTicket ticketing system will be a critical part of the initial job responsibility.
• Actively responding to OneTickets will allow for skill growth which will open up other expansion opportunities across our Core Service areas, including Cloud, Security, Data Analytics and Data Center related roles.
• Key technical skill / skill growth requirements include Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP.
• Soft skill requirements include effective communication, collaboration, leadership and flexibility.
• An IT background is critical; a Computer Science or MIS degree is preferred.
In order to qualify for this returnship, you must have been out of the full-time workforce for a minimum of 2 years.
Upon acceptance of the offer you are required to travel to for 3 day orientation to HQ Armonk, NY
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
At least 2-3 years experience in key Operating Systems: Windows, AIX, Linux(primary)
At least 1-2 years experience in Apache, MySQL and PHP
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Computer Science or MIS degree is preferred
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.