IBM Program Director - IBM Cloud for Financial Services in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As a Cloud Program Director, you will apply your strategic and analytical skills to lead complex programs spanning technology, process improvement, and go to market programs. You will team with the best technology professionals to develop strategies that establish FS Cloud’s market imminence and delight our Customers. And, you will do this in a collaborative environment that values your insight, encourages you to take on new responsibilities, promotes continuous learning, and rewards innovative and out-of-the-box thinking. Responsibility includes developing execution strategies across multiple teams in IBM. This includes execution design and oversight to ensure different teams remain on track to succeed with adherence to IBM policies and standards.This oversight includes:
· Well thought out project plans
· Strong stakeholder participation and engagement
· Metrics to demonstrate progress
· Regular assessments of risks and issues
· Critically evaluate proposed solutions
· Utilize risk-based approaches in developing the rollout schedule
· Drive and/or assist in defining program and project requirements and deliverables by identifying, driving and participating in project milestones and phases, as well as specific action items.
· Assist in determining recommendations and strategy respective to related initiatives, including translating analysis and results into business strategy. Establish goals and review metrics to identify opportunities and deliver success.
· Coordinate the execution activities of the program across all work streams, including partnering closely with colleagues across IBM including GMs, VPs, Service leads, Offering Managers, Development/Engineering, Support, Finance and others to drive improvement in quality, availability, and customer satisfaction.
· Communicate with senior management regarding progress and recommendations/decisions. Develop effective presentations and project update materials suitable for senior executives.
· Actively participate and collaborate in workstream meetings and ad hoc working sessions including driving agendas, preparing meeting minutes and keeping track of agreed actions.
· Monitor the details and status of program or project and escalate and resolve any issues in an efficient manner.
· Strong personnel and organizational management skills, including expertise in issue and conflict resolution and the ability to effectively build, mentor, lead, and develop staff.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• 6+ years of proven experience and depth working on and leading large-scale projects/programs
• Ability to build trust and strong partnership with counterparts across IBM, with IBM Partners, and with Customers
• Accomplished problem-solving, organization, and cross-team coordination skills
• Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate complex ideas, concepts, and solutions at the senior management level
• Demonstrated experience in project management disciplines and an ability to instill structure, process, accountability, and delivery
• Proven leader and influencer with the ability to think on their feet and be able to apply critical thinking and logical/structured framework to shape program’s approach
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Executive level PM certification
• Knowledge of Public Cloud
• Technology offering launch and product go to market
• Demonstrated strategic and interpersonal skills, comfort with working and partnering with people at all levels and across all functional areas (Customers, Legal, Sales, Compliance, Controls, Marketing, Engineering, Product Marketing and Development)
• Ability to manage complexity and multiple workstreams while delivering solutions within a tight deadline
• Demonstrated business judgment, particularly the ability to proactively monitor the program to identify and address issues early
• Proficient with project management tools, agile tools, Kanban methods, Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
About Business Unit
Digitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- IBM Jobs