HCA, Hospital Corporation of America OR Scrub Technician in Reston, Virginia
Healthcare Corporation of America (HCA) is a community of 94,000 Registered Nurses and 38,000 active physicians. We have over 1,900 facilities ranging from hospitals, freestanding ER’s, ambulatory surgery centers, and urgent care clinics. Our facility based staff continues to raise the bar in patient care. Ten HCA hospitals have been named in IBM Watson Health’s top 100 best-performing hospitals based on patient satisfaction and operational data.
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center, a 199-bed acute facility, lies within the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Reston Hospital Center holds certifications within our stroke and total joint center and is accredited in the chest pain center. Most importantly, Reston Hospital Center is dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
Our patients are our priority, but so areyou!
Not only do our patients come first, but our employees do too! We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, dental and identity theft protection.
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for an ambitious Scrub Technician to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
- Assists circulating nurse in setting up room ensuring presence and proper functioning of all necessary equipment and instruments.
- Participates in sponge, needle and instrument counts, readies sutures and passes all instruments, equipment, sponges, medications, etc. to surgeons and assistants as needed and/or requested.
- Passes specimen from surgeon to circulating nurse. Responsible for specimen while on field.
- Performs related duties including but not limited to: assist in cleaning and stocking; picking cases for next day; housekeeping duties; and attending staff meetings. Directly involved in room turnover between cases.
- Works as a collaborative member of the OR team. Demonstrates ability to adjust to different situations at any given time. Anticipate needs of surgical team on field. Takes direction from circulating nurse.
- Maintains aseptic technique and sterile field.
- Performs assisting functions for surgeon, as directed, to include but not limited to: holding retractors, guiding laparoscopic camera and suctioning operative field.
Certification: Completion of Surgical Technician Course or equivalent required. If hired after August 2019, must hold a current CST or be eligible to sit for the exam and acquire the certification within 6 months of hire. BLS required.
Experience: Two years OR scrubbing experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: OR Scrub Technician
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-19021