HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Plant Operations Engineer II in Reston, Virginia
/See what our employees have to say about working at Reston Hospital Center!/
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center, a 199-bed acute facility, lies within the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. Reston Hospital Center is an HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Reston Hospital Center holds certifications within our stroke and total joint center and is accredited in the chest pain center. Most importantly, we are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
ThePlant Engineer IIpromotes a professional and comfortable atmosphere for all customers by diagnosing and performing repairs to all physical plant and facility assets as directed· Performs all assigned tasks in a professional manner as to reflect the highest integrity of the Plant Operations and Maintenance Department. · Protects the asset value of facility and plant equipment. · Provides additional supervisory support by assisting, teaching and guiding the Engineer I’s. · Protects the asset value of facility and equipment by diagnosing and performing preventive maintenance and repairs to physical structures and equipment on the campus: ceilings, light bulbs, walls, doors, windows, floors, beds and miscellaneous non- patient care equipment; · Protects the asset value of fixed plant equipment by Assisting with preventive maintenance to the following: HVAC; chillers, boilers, cooling towers, air handlers, pumps and exhaust fans, Medical Air, Nurse call · Mechanical: duct work and ventilation distribution systems · Plumbing pumps, water softeners, and water treatment; · Electrical replace lamps and ballasts, replace motors, troubleshoot · Refrigeration: refrigeration control systems, refrigerators, walk-in freezers, and ice machines; · Controls: analog, digital, pneumatic and electrical; · Protects the asset value of all facility systems by performing preventive maintenance to all fire systems and alarm systems. · Performs urgent corrective, routine, and requisitioned repairs of electrical, mechanical and plumbing systems as required.
Protects the asset value of operational equipment by performing preventive maintenance to all Medical refrigerators and ice machines.
· As required, assists in maintaining electrical wiring and emergency generator systems. Inspects and tests equipment and/or systems.
· Performs preventative maintenance duties to all physical structures of Hospital and complies with all building safety codes. This is to include facility equipment and lighting systems as required.
· Assist in replacing, installing, repairing and testing electrical circuits, equipment, appliances and lighting systems as required.
· Knowledgeable in the operation of fire systems, nurse call, medical gas repair and door repair.
· Maintains routine records of all inspections, preventative maintenance and repairs performed on any equipment or system.
· Assists in controlling and maintaining the materials inventory by material usage, low inventory levels and follows established stocking procedures.
· Performs manual duties as requested (i.e., moving supplies or furniture, replacing light bulbs, removing trash or scrap material.)
· Reads blueprints, schematic diagrams, interprets instructions, and prepares specifications.
· Contributes to department performance by initiating ideas for department improvements.
· Help customers by responding to and referring service requests.
QUALIFICATIONSEducation: Education in trade/technical/vocational training. Certification: Must hold at least one of the following certifications: Plumber, HVAC, CFC, High Pressure Boiler, Master Electrician. Experience: 4 years plumbing/HVAC, or other experience in healthcare setting.
Job: *Facilities Mgmt Plant Ops & Security
Title: Plant Operations Engineer II
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-16911