HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Trauma Program Director in Reston, Virginia
Located in the outskirts of Washington, D.C, Reston Hospital Center is a 199-bed acute facility, located in the vibrant Town Center of Reston, known for its lively mix of restaurants, shops, and services. We are a HCA (Hospital Corporation of America) facility making it a very secure and reputable facility to work with. HCA is one of the largest healthcare systems throughout the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Currently, we hold certifications within our stroke and total joint center and is accredited in the chest pain center . Most importantly, we are dedicated to enhancing the health and quality of life in our community by putting patients first.
The Trauma Program Director (TPD), under the direction of the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer, is responsible for managing the trauma program with the Trauma Medical Director (TMD). This position will function as a role model in the use of the nursing process and develops, introduces, and evaluates new approaches to trauma nursing practice.
Challenges of the Trauma Program Director include:
- The TPD, in collaboration with the TMD, is responsible for assuring all Trauma Center verification standards are met as required by the Virginia Department of Health and the Office of Emergency Services.
- The TPD is responsible for complete operational function, program assessment, planning, organizing, implementation, performance improvement, education, and marketing communications.
- The TPD is responsible for compliance and maintain the standards of care of the trauma patient as set by state, federal, regulatory and accrediting agencies.
The TPD position requires high-level communication skills in both oral and written form, frequent interaction with physicians and senior administration is necessary and required. The position requires excellent interpersonal communication skills with emphasis on problem solving and negotiation.
- The Trauma Program Director is responsible for defining in writing the scope of department services and gaining approval by the organization's administration and the Department's Medical Director.
- The Trauma Program Director is responsible for providing leadership and support for staff to meet organizational goals and objectives.
- The Trauma Program Director is responsible for identifying budget needs.
- The Trauma Program Director is responsible for organizing and integrating the department/service into the organization’s primary functions.
- The Trauma Program Director in collaboration with the Trauma Program Medical Director is responsible for determining the qualifications and competence of personnel who are directly a part of the Trauma Department. CLINICAL FUNCTIONS:
- The Trauma Director is responsible for ensuring an organized multidisciplinary team approach to the care of trauma patients, throughout the continuum of trauma care, including planning and implementing of clinical protocols/practice management guidelines, monitoring care of in-patients and serving as a resource for clinical practice.
- The Trauma Program Director is responsible for ensuring support services are made available to the trauma patients and their families.
Ensures adequate and appropriate education is provided for staff involved in the care of trauma patients, including interfacillty and regional professional staff development for identified trauma catchment area.
Education: BSN Graduate of an accredited Nursing Program, Master’s Degree preferred.
Licensure: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia
Certification: BLS, ALS and TNCC certification required and maintained.
Experience:Minimum of three years clinical nursing experience in Emergency Department, Intensive Care Unit or other critical care areas required. Two years previous management experience desired. Administrative Skills: Excellent interpersonal skills (required).
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Trauma Program Director
Location: Virginia-Reston-Reston Hospital Center - Reston
Requisition ID: 08540-15745