Marsh & McLennan Account Manager, Business Insurance/Property & Casualty (1868) in Richmond, Virginia
MMA Mid-Atlantic – Richmond, VA Account Manager, Business Insurance (P&C)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
• Provides sales and service support to our existing Commercial Lines clients and prospects.
• Processes and manages accounts in accordance with agency standards and workflows.
• Prepares coverage analysis, risk management recommendations, submissions & proposals.
• Negotiates coverage and pricing with markets.
• Maintains client files on agency management system and performs computer transactions to include processing renewals, endorsements, certificates and other requests.
• Maintains and builds relationships with clients.
• Processes new business/renewal endorsements, certificates, cancellations, and audits.
Qualifications• Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
• Proficiency with agency management systems, Sagitta preferred, and proficiency with Microsoft Office products, advanced knowledge level of Excel required. • Ability to rate workers’ comp and other ISO rating as necessary. • Exceptional time management and organization skills.
• Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness.
• Minimum of 4 years agency or brokerage experience in Commercial Lines coverage and markets required.
• Previous experience working with complex (construction and real estate) commercial accounts preferred. • HS diploma or equivalent required. • P&C licensure (Property & Casualty) or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment required.
• Substantial progress toward CPCU, CIC, ARM and/or AU designation or demonstrated equivalent knowledge a must.
• Occasional travel to various locations may be required. Must have valid transportation. R_028676-en