HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Medical Surgical ICU in Richmond, Virginia
/See why our employees/ /love working at Chippenham Hospital/
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Level II trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
TheMedical Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unitat Chippenham Hospital:
32 bed Medical Surgical Trauma Intensive Care Unit
Surgical Patients (spine, hip, stomach)
Medical Patients ( DKA, asthma, sepsis, respiratory failure, heart failure)
Trauma Patients (MVC, falls, penetrating traumas - ex. gunshot wounds/stabbings, Pysch - ex. suicide attempts, etoh and drug abuse)
Level II Trauma Certification
Primary Stroke Certification
Unit Based Shared Governance
Progressive Leadership Model
TheCertified Nursing Assistant (CNA)will perform care under the direction of the unit Registered Nurse and Nursing Leadership Team. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
· Performs tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
· Communicates effectively and professionally with customers and presents self in a professional manner.
· Documents required information according to established guidelines.
· Functions in an organized and efficient manner.
· Promotes financial responsibility.
· Actively participates in performance improvement and educational activities. Supports the goals and objective of the unit/department/organization.
High School Graduate or GED (required)
Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Program (required)
Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing as Nursing Assistant (required)
American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
1 year of experience as a Nursing Assistant in an acute care or long-term care facility (preferred)
Current enrollment in a professional nurse education program (preferred) HOURS:
72 hours every pay period (every two weeks)
Weekend & Holiday Rotations
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Medical Surgical ICU
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-42469