HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Oncology Med Surg in Richmond, Virginia
/Why should you work at Johnston-Willis Hospital?/ /Hear what some of our employees have to say aboutwhy they love working here!/
At Johnston-Willis we've been delivering top quality healthcare to Greater Richmond and the Tri-Cities area for more than 100 years. Our 292-bed hospital offers a full range of healthcare services, with specialties in cancer care—through the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute—as well as inpatient rehabilitation (with all private rooms), our ER is a state-authorized level III trauma center and neuroscience, including our first-in-Richmond Gamma Knife Center.
TheThomas Johns Inpatient Oncology Unitin the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Johnston-Willis Hospital:
- 24 bed medical surgical oncology unit
- Most of our patients are undergoing or recovering from both surgical and non-invasive cancer procedures for solid tumors
- We have recently partnered with the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute to start a comprehensive blood cancer program.
- Many of our patients are on the unit every 3 weeks over a period of 9-10 weeks or longer.
- We provide palliative care, end-of-life care, and hospice care as well.
- The environment on the Thomas Johns Inpatient Oncology Unit is positive and supportive, team-oriented, with a strong focus on education and continuing professional development. Benefits we offer:
- Medical Insurance, including Dental
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401k Options
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Discount Program
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Student Loan/Tuition Reimbursement
TheCertified Nursing Assistant (CNA) duties and responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of a licensed nurse.
- Performing job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
- Communicating effectively and professionally with internal and external customers.
- Documenting required information according to established guidelines and hospital policy.
- Functioning in an organized and efficient manner.
- Presenting self in a professional manner.
- Using computers proficiently.
- Promoting fiscal responsibility.
- Supporting the goals and objectives of the units, departments, and organization.
EDUCATION: * Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program (required) * Current enrollment in a professional nurse education program (preferred)
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * Licensure by the Virginia State Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant (required) * American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
EXPERIENCE: * 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant in an acute care or long-term care facility. Satisfactory reference from last employer or vocational school (preferred) HOURS: * Full time * Weekend and Holiday Requirements
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Oncology Med Surg
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Johnston-Willis Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-48266