HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Department Nursing Assistant Med Surg Trauma PRN in Richmond, Virginia
/See why our employees//love working at Chippenham Hospital/
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Provisional Level I trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
_Med/Surg Trauma Telemetry Unit:_
* 33 bed unit
* Trauma Designated
* Spine Surgery
* Women’s Health Surgery
* Vascular Surgery
Patient population includes:
* Spinal Surgery
* Women’s Health
* Vascular Surgery
* Trauma (to include car accident, fall, head trauma, ETOH, and many more)
* Medical Patients (to include sepsis, ketoacidosis, respiratory failure, GI, Fluid Overload, renal failure, osteomyelitis and many more)
What are your job functions?
* Demonstrate the knowledge and skill to provide care to patients under the direction of the professional nurse.
* Demonstrate knowledge and skill to perform all patient record and transcription activities.
* Perform tasks on Meditech System proficiently. * Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers (patients, families, visitors, physicians and staff). * Function in an organized and time conscious manner. * Present self in a professional manner.
EDUCATION: * Successful completion of a nursing assistant training program or Nursing Fundamentals course (for student nurses) (required) LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: * Licensed or eligible by the Virginia Board of Nursing as a Nursing Assistant (preferred) * American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required) EXPERIENCE: * One year experience as a nursing assistant in an acute care or long term care facility. (preferred) * Recent computer experience; data entry and retrieval; Experience with medical terminology; Experience as a unit secretary. (preferred) HOURS: * PRN
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Admitting Registration Clerical & Scheduling
Title: Department Nursing Assistant Med Surg Trauma PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-CJW Medical Center
Requisition ID: 00035-48608