Brinks District Security Manager - Houston, TX in Richmond, Virginia
District Security Manager - Houston, TX
Requisition #:31407Location:Richmond VA - D0008
Functional Area:Security/Protective ServicesEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:More than 10 years
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, ATM servicing, currency and coin processing, document destruction and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a District Security Manager covering Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas.
Job Summary: The position of District Security Manager is responsible for developing, promoting and maintaining a high level of security standards and “Best Practices” within the district by focusing on risk management and the General Security Regulations (GSR). In addition, the person in this position will conduct investigations of internally and externally caused losses utilizing discretion and good judgment.
• Identify physical, operational and cash processing deficiencies through internal loss prevention security audits and make recommendations to senior management for the appropriate corrective actions. Ensure the corrective action is accomplished by following up the audit process.
• Develop and facilitate security education and motivation programs for employees at all levels.
• Implement standardized specifications for CCTV, premise alarms, protective systems, vaults, safes and coordinate upgrades where required to maintain adequate levels of protection for employees and customers’ assets.
• Track and investigate internal and external losses; provide accurate and timely investigative reports to senior management. Conduct complicated internal investigations and identify potential suspects.
• Develop and solidify relationships with various law enforcement agencies as necessary and appropriate.
• Coordinate site surveys and physical security requirements for the construction of new facilities. Review plans for renovating existing facilities to ensure compliance with security standards.
• Participate in scheduled meetings held by district vice presidents and general managers and branch managers. Teach and insist on the importance of being proactive by focusing on risk management and good security practices and procedures that will protect employees from serious risk of death and injury.
• The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
• Minimum 7 years experience in a similar role
• Minimum 6 years experience working directly with customers
• Minimum 5 years experience with Microsoft Office applications
• Bachelor’s degree
• Continuous Process Improvement experience
• Security and investigative experience
• Experience working with security, law enforcement
• Knowledge of CCTV, premise alarm protection systems
• Proficiency in other languages a plus
• 75% travel for the position
• Computer literate (MS Office applications)
• Excellent organization skills
• Good communication skills, both verbal and written
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer a 401(k) plan with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top