HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Neuroscience Step-down Unit) in Richmond, Virginia
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join our 2018 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
/Why Our Employees Love Working for Johnston-Willis Hospital:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGJL6OAkX7w
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bedLevel III Trauma Center,is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We are a proud recipient of an “A” hospital safety rating from The Leapfrog Group in 2016, Gold Seal of Approval, Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, as well as many otherawards.
Our Neuroscience Step-down Unitat Johnston-Willis Hospital is thefirst non-academic Comprehensive Stroke Center in Virginia and the first Brain Tumor Joint Commission Certified Site in the nation. We offer innovative neurologic services and technological capabilities, including Neuro Interventional Endovascular Stroke Rescue and Gamma Knife Services. Join our team that is leading the nation in Comprehensive Stroke Care.
_Neuroscience Step-down Unit_
StaRN Program(12 Weeks Total):**
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 5 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 7 weeks preceptorship
- Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI
After StaRN, you will transition into our Professional Development Residency:
- 9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition
_Cohort Start Dates_ 9/24/2018
_Additional Information about Our Unit:_
- You will work on a 23 private room unit that includes 2 rooms that are 24/7 Epilepsy Monitoring Capable. All rooms are equipped for telemetry monitoring
- We serve adult and geriatric patients whose primary diagnosis is of a neurological and/or neurosurgical nature, often transferred from Neuroscience ICU and Medical Surgical ICU.
- Our Patient/nurse ratio is 4-5:1 with tech support
- Our relationships among nurses and physicians are strong. Our neuro physicians want you to learn and are enthusiastic to teach you
/Our team of compassionate Registered Nurses consists of a strong multidisciplinary group who are highly trained within a unit where certification and continuing education is encouraged and supported!/
/Hear this patient’s experience on Johnston-Willis Hospital’s Neuroscience Unit:/
Check Us Out andLike Us on Facebook!__ / / WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and more!
Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We would like to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_QUALIFICATIONS_ * Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months * Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam * Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred * Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2018 (Neuroscience Step-down Unit)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Johnston-Willis Hospital
Requisition ID: Residency JW2E