HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2019 (Behavioral Health) in Richmond, Virginia
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program! / / /Happy at Retreat:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqsYKbewHw
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is a226-bedfacility and is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless! Retreat is one of Healthgrade's Top 50 Hospitals in the nation andaccredited by the Joint Commission.
Treatment atRetreat Doctors' Hospital Center for Emotional Growthis multi-faceted. Our treatment team consists of psychiatrists, registered nurses, case management personnel, activities therapists, and mental health technicians. We provide short-term term intensive mental health treatment for adults in crisis. Our treatment program consists of a variety of group and individual services including but not limited to relaxation techniques, medication management, and management of acute symptoms, safety management, and activity therapies.
_HCA Nurse Residency Program (Behavioral Health)_
StaRN Program(12 weeks total):
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 6 weeks preceptorship
Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI After StaRN, you will transition into our Professional Development Residency:
9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition _Cohort Start Date:_ 2019 _ _ _Additional Information about our Behavioral Health Unit:_
- You will work on a unit which offers 20-bed single occupancy rooms, 2 double occupancy rooms, and 3 group therapy rooms, as well as a consulting room for medical evaluations
- Our nurse/patient ratio is 1:5 or 1:6 (1:4 when considering nurse technicians)
- Our unit uses advanced technologies including Smart TV's
- We are rated #1 in patient satisfaction throughout HCA's Richmond market!
- Leadership encourages creativity among staff, teambuilding, and values the opinions and ideas of staff
We are an experienced team eager to provide excellent orientation to new graduates and have leadership who supported career growth and development! WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and more! Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We would like to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_QUALIFICATIONS_ * Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months * Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam * Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred * Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2019 (Behavioral Health)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Retreat
Requisition ID: Residency RDH BH