HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2019 (Progressive Care Unit) in Richmond, Virginia
Do you have a passion for patient care? Do you want to work for a leading healthcare organization? Come and join our 2019 StaRN Nurse Residency Program!
/Happy at Parham: //https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyqsYKbewHw/
Parham Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is a 200-bed acute care facility located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 500, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S. We have also been named /one of the/ /Nation’s Top 100 Hospitals by Truven Health Analytics/, which is a recognition that would not be possible without the dedicated team of physicians, nurses, and staff at our facilities.
_HCA Nurse Residency Program (Progressive Care Unit)_
StaRN Program *(14 Weeks Total):*
Our StaRN Program will provide you with the tools necessary to succeed in today’s hospital environment. It will help you transition out of the classroom setting and onto the unit by providing the following training:
- 6 weeks classroom, self-study, skills & simulations
- 8 weeks preceptorship
Certifications: ECG, TeamSTEPPS, BLS/ACLS, CPI After StaRN, you will transition into our Professional Development Residency:
9 month program factored into a full time position on the unit
- You will learn Charge Nurse and Preceptor skills
- You will collaborate with a mentor to complete an evidence based Capstone Project (4 hours a month)
- Your project has an opportunity to gain recognition by corporate for further recognition _Cohort Start Dates_ 2019
_Additional Information about our Progressive Care Unit:_
- You will work on a 16 private bed unit
- You will work with a diverse patient population to include stroke, cardiac, neuro, telemetry, post-surgical, drip medication, chest pain, etc.
- Our nurse/patient ratio is 4:1 with tech support
- This unit it fast-paced and a great stepping stone into critical care! This unit requires a nurse graduate who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, can quickly learn new tasks, and has good time management skills.
- /Leadership is experienced, visible, approachable, supportive, and always there to pitch in on the floor as needed! This is truly a team and family oriented unit that will support you in your career growth and development, among other things!/
/Meet PCU’s Nurse Manager:/https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4g_it1OJgo
/Meet PCU team members: /https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlhNMvN0KPQ, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpJrOeDe8oo, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7IY_byc1pE
/Check out and like us on Facebook! /https://www.facebook.com/HenricoDoctors/////
/ / WHAT BENEFITS DO WE OFFER?
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401K and more! Intrigued? Don't wait, apply today. We would like to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
_QUALIFICATIONS_ * Graduate of an accredited nursing school within the past 6 months * Applicants may apply and be offered position prior to passing NCLEX exam * Previous nursing support or service industry experience preferred * Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Grad RN HCA Nurse Residency 2019 (Progressive Care Unit)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
Requisition ID: Residency PDH PCU