HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Psychiatric in Richmond, Virginia
Retreat Doctors’ Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors’ Hospital, is one of Healthgrades Top 50 Hospitals in the nation. Retreat is a 226-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs, 24-hour adult and pediatric emergency care and outpatient services. The Retreat Doctors’ Hospital campus is also home to the Institute of Urological Health, offering the latest innovations in urological care and surgery. Located in the historic Fan District, we are proud to bring state-of-the-art technology and compassionate care to our neighbors and the surrounding community.
Clickhereto learn more about Retreat's Behavioral Health Unit.
Retreat Doctors' Hospital Center for Emotional Growth*serves RVA. The program recognizes mental and emotional health as an integral part of overall health. At Retreat, we use evidence-based practices to provide engaging treatments and foster positive outcomes. Treatment at Retreat Doctors' Hospital Center for Emotional Growth is multi-faceted. Our treatment team consists of psychiatrists, registered nurses, case management personnel, activities therapists, and mental health technicians. We provide short-term term intensive mental health treatment for adults in crisis. Our treatment program consists of a variety of group and individual services including but not limited to relaxation techniques, medication management, management of acute symptoms, safety management, and activity therapies.
We are seeking a Behavioral Health LPN.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS**
- Accurately collects and documents admission and shift observation and clinical data. Provides such data to assist RN with admission and shift RN assessments.*
- Provides direct physical patient care. Assumes responsibility for obtaining necessary staff education and demonstration of competency prior to performing tasks not routinely done.*
- Provides behavioral health care interventions utilizing the least restrictive interventions.*
- Administers medications using the 5 rights of medication administration and according to hospital policy. Maintains accurate medication administration documentation including accurate documentation and signatures on controlled substance forms.**
- Provides and documents patient/family education and serves as facilitator for community meetings and educational/focus groups.*
- Provides for the safety of patients, visitors and staff . Assures all routine and special safety checks are completed accurately.*
- Assumes responsibility for completing all mandatory educational, health screening, CPR, CPI and LPN licensure requirements within designated time frame and for providing written verification of same for filing.*
Required: Successful completion of acute care medical/surgical clinical experience and/or actual work experience.
Preferred: Successful clinical experience in an acute care behavioral health setting.
Required: Graduate from an accredited Program of Practical Nursing.
Required: Licensed, or eligible for licensure, in the state of Virginia, as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
TRAITS OF A SUCCESSFUL EMPLOYEE AT RETREAT DOCTORS’ HOSPITAL: • Dependable • Open-minded • Great Teammate • Sense of Humor • Positive Attitude • Self-motivated • Reliable • Critical Thinker • Energetic • Patient Advocate
WE OFFER A GENEROUS COMPENSATION PACKAGE INCLUDING: Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan. Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts, along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.*
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) Psychiatric
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Retreat
Requisition ID: 00448-44037