HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Monitor Technician (Full-time; Night shift with Rotating Weekends) in Richmond, Virginia
The Monitor Tech monitors patients' EKG waveforms in a centralized monitoring station.
Duties and responsibilities include:
- Interprets Rhythms and Arrhythmias.
- Reports all changes in heart rate/rhythm to appropriate nursing staff.
- Maintains Telemetry Supplies.
- Records patient condition utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Performs duties with full understanding of related age specific factors.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Qualifications include: · · Minimum of a high school degree or equivalent required. · · BLS through the American Heart Association is required. · · Previous clerical experience and CMT/cardiac experienced preferred. · · Previous experience as a monitor tech in a hospital setting required. · · Strong customer service skills required. · · Familiarity with medical terminology is desired. · · Computer literacy is required. · · Completion of basic EKG/Arrhythmia course. · · Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Job: *Nursing Support
Title: Monitor Technician (Full-time; Night shift with Rotating Weekends)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-42766