HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Operating Room Operational Manager in Richmond, Virginia
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital at Parham is a 200-bed acute care facility located in the West End of Richmond, VA. We have been recognized by Healthgrades as America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Orthopedic Surgery™ and are a recipient of the Joint Replacement Awards™. These distinctions put Parham Doctors’ Hospital in the top 5% of more than 4,500 hospitals nationwide. The Joint Commission has also awarded the orthopedic program the Gold Seal of Approval for hip replacement, knee replacement and spinal fusion.
* 63rd on Fortune’s 100 List
* One of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S.
* Ranked by Fortune as a Most Admired Company for 3 consecutive years
* Named by Ethisphere one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies
The Operating Room at Parham
* 7 main ORs and 4 outpatient ORs located at an on-site surgery center
* Teamwork environment where you will be responsible for helping everyone in department (i.e. Scrub Cases)
* On average, 18-19 cases performed per day (approximately 95 cases per week)
OR Operational Manager Responsibilities
* Oversees the consistent management of daily operations of the Surgical Services’ units in meeting the mission of the company, hospital and department, as well as supporting an environment of care to meet that mission and to comply with all regulatory requirements.
* Shares in the leadership and oversight of productivity goals and progress, and other financial indicators, for Surgical Services * Serves as a role model by communicating effectively with staff, peers, superiors, and external and internal customers * Oversees quality improvement work for the Surgical Services’ units to improve departmental processes, and to meet goals. Works to model ideal customer relations behaviors * Leads others in the oversight of all aspects of staffing, acting in accordance with Human Resource policies and within budgetary limits, in targeted selection, in retention activities, and in providing feedback * Supports all staff development activities, including: orientation, annual evaluation of skills, annual performance appraisals, work redesign, and recognition ceremonies and programs. * Serves to enhance patient and staff safety and to reduce risks accordingly * Assists the Director in conducting strategic planning for the department, as assigned. * Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors, modeling professionalism, accountability, and the pursuit of one’s own professional growth and development HCA Rewards * Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance * 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan * Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources * Flexible Spending Accounts * Education Assistance (up to $5,250 per year in Tuition Reimbursement) * Student Loan Assistance Program (up to $150 per month) We’d love to tell you more about this fantastic opportunity, who we are and how you can join our dynamic team!
Education Required: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing Preferred: Educational programs in nursing management Preferred:BSN and pursuing Masters
Licensure / Certification Required: Current Registered Nurse License in the state of Virginia Required: BLS Certification Preferred: CNOR and ACLS
Experience Required: Two years experience as an RN in a leadership role in a hospital-based O.R., with demonstrated proficiency in leadership behaviors and management skills Preferred: Five or more years experience as an RN in leadership role in a hospital-based O.R., with demonstrated proficiency in leadership behaviors and management skills
/We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status./
Job: *Directors & Managers
Title: Operating Room Operational Manager
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Parham
Requisition ID: 00448-48752