HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacist in Richmond, Virginia
Chippenham Hospital, a 466-bed acute care facility, *is located on the Southside of Richmond, a short drive from the beautiful, outdoor Stony Point Fashion Park, offering an abundance of shops, restaurants, and even a dine-in movie theater. Chippenham Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks *63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
- Interpret orders and transcribes or verifies them accurately and efficiently into the pharmacy computer system
- Accurately compound and dispense pharmaceuticals
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Applies approved protocols and suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic medication alternatives to medical staff
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing non-formulary procurements, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection
- Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
- Assist with clinical services such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as defined by Pharmacy Leadership.
- Assist with the antimicrobial management and other clinical programs
Document all clinical activities and interventions accurately and completely. Responsible for mentoring and education as well as ongoing analysis of interventions to
Support and participate in the goals of the organization’s quality improvement, risk management and patient safety program to include but not limited to National Patient Safety Goals, Core Measures and HCAHPSEducation: B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy Licensure: Current Licensed Pharmacist in the Commonwealth of Virginia in good standing Certification: BLS Experience: Minimum of one year of hospital experience is preferred. Completion of all hospital specific competencies for Clinical Pharmacist
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Benefit Options
At HCA we are committed to delivering healthcare as it should be: Patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter their circumstance. To achieve this, we are active, we are kind, we are fully engaged and we are compassionate. We work with integrity, share our skills and never stop learning.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Chippenham Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-44031