HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician Cert in Richmond, Virginia
Job Description A Pharmacy Technician is that individual who, under the supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician and/or Licensed Pharmacist, assists in the various activities of the pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Such duties include, but need not be limited to: maintaining patient records; set up, packaging, and labeling medication doses; filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas; refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines, maintaining inventories of medication supplies; and mixing medications with parenteral fluids. Technicians must function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines with deviation approved by the supervising pharmacist. Organizational relationships include being directly responsible to the Lead Technician, Pharmacist, Clinical Manager, Assistant Director, and Director of Pharmacy.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Processes medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
• Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
• Assists in inventory maintenance and control.
• Assists in maintaining inventory contained in automated dispensing equipment.
• Demonstrates teamwork to maximize operational efficiencies.
• Accurately and timely repackages medications for bar-code technology.
• Completes work activities through effective management of time, tasks and available resources. Manages own conduct, performance and attitude including time, space and paper, ethics, attendance and punctuality, and customer focus.
• Assist in the processing of medications/requisitions to customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
• Participates in the performance improvement process.
EXPERIENCE Required- 1 years Pharmacy technician Preferred- 2 years Pharmacy technician
EDUCATION Required- High school diploma or equivalent Preferred- Associates degree
CERTIFICATION Required- Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration required Preferred- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune’s list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the Fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence.
We offer a generous compensation package and a wide range of benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
- 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Resources
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Benefit Options
At HCA we are committed to delivering healthcare as it should be: Patient-centered and for the good of all people, no matter their circumstance. To achieve this, we are active, we are kind, we are fully engaged and we are compassionate. We work with integrity, share our skills and never stop learning.
Intrigued? We’d love to hear from you!
"We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status."
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician Cert
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Johnston-Willis Hospital
Requisition ID: 00035-44129