HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Pharmacy Technician PRN in Richmond, Virginia
Pharmacy Technician Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest Campus Richmond, VA
Henrico Doctors Hospital, the Forest Campus, is a 340-bed *acute care facility* located in Richmond, VA. We are a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
As part of our full range of healthcare services, we specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health—including high-risk pregnancies, maternity and neonatal intensive care—orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants—through the Virginia Transplant Center—and we lead the state in minimally invasive procedures, having performed more da Vinci® robotic-assisted surgeries than any other facility in Virginia.
Job Description A Pharmacy Technician is that individual who, under the supervision of the Lead Pharmacy Technician and/or Licensed Pharmacist, assists in the various activities of the pharmacy department not requiring the professional judgment of the pharmacist. Such duties include, but need not be limited to: maintaining patient records; set up, packaging, and labeling medication doses; filling and dispensing routine orders for stock supplies of patient-care areas; refilling and inventorying automated dispensing machines, maintaining inventories of medication supplies; and mixing medications with parenteral fluids. Technicians must function in strict accordance with standard, written procedures and guidelines with deviation approved by the supervising pharmacist. Organizational relationships include being directly responsible to the Lead Technician, Pharmacist, Clinical Manager, Assistant Director, and Director of Pharmacy.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Processes medication orders or prescriptions, accurately and safely compounds medications and/or IV admixtures in acceptable dosage forms, appropriately packages and dispenses pre-manufactured dosage forms.
• Uses appropriate techniques for storage, preparation, and dispensing of medicinal agents and follows the health system’s policies regarding cart fill, unit dose distribution, medication preparation and labeling, controlled substances reconciliation, and ensuring that EMT boxes and medications for crash carts are stocked, checked, and ready to be dispensed.
• Assists in inventory maintenance and control.
• Assists in maintaining inventory contained in automated dispensing equipment.
• Demonstrates teamwork to maximize operational efficiencies.
• Accurately and timely repackages medications for bar-code technology.
• Completes work activities through effective management of time, tasks and available resources. Manages own conduct, performance and attitude including time, space and paper, ethics, attendance and punctuality, and customer focus.
• Assist in the processing of medications/requisitions to customers in an efficient, timely and courteous manner.
• Performs other duties as assigned or scheduled.
• Participates in the performance improvement process.
EXPERIENCE Required- 1 years Pharmacy technician Preferred- 2 years Pharmacy technician
EDUCATION Required- High school diploma or equivalent Preferred- Associates degree
CERTIFICATION Required- Board of Pharmacy Technician Registration required Preferred- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) Certified
Job: *Pharmacy & Pharmacy Tech
Title: Pharmacy Technician PRN
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-40561