Brinks Staff Auditor in Richmond, Virginia
Requisition #:16852Location:Richmond VA - D0301
Functional Area:Accounting/FinanceEducation Required:Bachelors Degree
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:1 - 3 Years
The incumbent plans and execute department IT reviews in the field designed to assess compliance with the Company’s operating and financial control procedures. Monitor the Company's computer network for mismanagement, fraud and inefficiency. Recommend changes when procedures or compliance is deemed inadequate to maximize the resources or opportunities of the company and/or safeguard Company assets. This role requires business understanding and discretion. Works with auditors and management to recommends operating changes or financial procedures and internal controls by identifying exceptions to established norms.
Conduct IT audit examinations with staff and review results in compliance with the Institute Internal Auditors Standards. Develop audit programs to address audit plan risks identified. Create workpapers in support of audit work. Be alert to changing situations, show flexibility in approach, adaptability in difficult circumstances and continuously strive to achieve a result.
Review to ensure work is in compliance with the systems, procedures, rules, objectives and timescales set by the organization (US GAAP, The Brink’s Policy and Procedures and local key regulatory requirements).
Be systematic and logical in the approach to decision making, ensuring that facts and information are available and accurate. The decision making is astute and carefully considered.
Develops recommended changes in existing operating and/or financial policies and procedures to correct actual or potential deficiencies or improve internal control.
Consider problems as a challenge, collect information relevant to the problem, be disciplined in ascertaining the root cause, identify and develop a practical solution, communicate the findings and implement action to resolve the problem.
Assist in various administrative tasks for the department.
Technical or Specialized Skills Required:
Excellent audit skills and a keen procedures and methods perception when no policy or procedures are in place. Continued education and a professional attitude are required. Must be able to quickly cultivate respect and confidence from auditee and effectively adapt to change with contacts and functions, think quickly with clarity under significant time pressure as decisions are made in an environment away from their established home locations.
Competencies: The primary behaviors that support success in this position:
• MANAGE WORK
(includes time management): Manage priorities and effectively organize multitasking.
• WORK STANDARDS: Collaborate on work planning, project and time management.
• COMMUNICATION: Convey pertinent information effectively and comprehensively.
• INITIATE ACTION: Achieve goals beyond the required; be proactive and adapt to changes when underpressure.
• ENERGY: Operate effectively by maintaining high levels of productivity during extended times.
• BUILD TRUST: Network with members in the organization to build positive reports.
• CONTRIBUTE TO TEAM SUCCESS: Active participation with team to move towards goal achievements.
• DECISION MAKING: Choose effective course of action or develop appropriate solutions.
• COACHING: Provide guidance and feedback to strengthen team with specific knowledge/skill.
• CONTINUOUS LEARNING: Foster increased knowledge through training and on-the-job knowledge to improve jobperformance and add value to the organization.
• ANALYSIS: Analyze auditee’s transactions and identify exceptions with data analytics.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top