HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Surgical Assistant - Certified (Full-time) in Richmond, Virginia
* Certification Required * This position has call requirements
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
*1 Utilizes principles of aseptic technique in creating and maintaining a sterile field.
*2 Plans and provides equipment and supplies based on patient and physician needs.
*3 Demonstrates competency in assisting surgeon as it relate to unit scope if care.
*4 Promotes cost containment while delivering quality patient care within the operating room.
*5 Participates in on-call assignments and demonstrates flexibility to cover staffing as needed.
*6 Demonstrates flexibility to perform other functions within Surgical Services to assist in the smooth operation of the department.
*7 Provides a safe environment for the surgical patient during their perioperative experience.
- 8 Serves as a professional member of the OR team.*
- Pursues own professional growth through continuing education and inservices.
- Adheres to hospital policies and procedures; supports the mission of the hospital.
- Exercises sound judgment and decision making skills on behalf of patient, self and peers.
EXPERIENCE Required - High School Graduate. Graduate of an approved CORT program, or RN, or LPN, or Certified Surgical Assistant Program. Preferred - Certification in training as a Surgical Assistant or RNFA Certification. EDUCATION Required - Minimum of three years operating room scrubbing experience. Preferred - One year experience as a surgical assistant.
Job: *Nursing - Professional
Title: Surgical Assistant - Certified (Full-time)
Location: Virginia-Richmond-Henrico Doctors Hospital Forest
Requisition ID: 00448-43137