IBM Tactical Buyer in RIO DE JANEIRO, Brazil
• Identifies opportunities for tactical buys and validates requirements with stakeholders.
• Identifies potential sources for purchases
• Prepares and issues RFx to potential vendors
• Review proposals and recommends which supplier to select based on analysis performed, providing sound arguments to justify the recommendation.
• Negotiates price, payment terms, delivery terms and contracts.
• Register vendors in Vendor Master File if not existing.
• Obtain Legal review of contracts
• Calculate savings and submit to Finance for approval. Records savings in tracking system.
• Maintains contracts repository to ensure expiration dates are monitored and actions are taken accordingly to extend or bid.
• Develop supplier relationships that foster a professional environment that offers a competitive advantage to the client business.
• Becomes a trusted advisor in procurement policies, and category expertise
• Gather and analyze key procurement data using data collection techniques (e.g., downloading of transactional data to spreadsheet format)
• Utilize cost models, industry data such as indices, and market intelligence to assess fairness of supplier proposals, in addition to competitive techniques such as tenders.
• The position will communicate with internal stakeholders as well as with external suppliers and 3rd party (e.g., consultants, industry organizations).
• The position requires a deep understanding of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
• The Tactical Buyer will conduct negotiations and will provide support during supplier evaluations.
• Client Focus: Making clients and their needs a primary focus of one's actions; developing and sustaining productive client relationships.
• Monitoring, Measurement and Metrics: Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge the effectiveness and performance of an internal group or a supplier; ability to determine appropriate measures or metrics; ability to measure against those standards; ability to communicate performance standards and metrics
• Record Retention: Knowledge of the policies and procedures for storing and retaining financial, non-financial and company documents. Leaves auditable track of the supplier selection process.
Requirements Planning: Knowledge of how to plan materials and service requirements in order to support ongoing business
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Interpersonal skills to build client relationships
Analytical to understand detail and be able to look the big picture at the same time
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
Use of SAP
Project Management certification