Vinnell Arabia Aircraft Powertrain Technician in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category US Job Only
Position Aircraft Powertrain Technician
Req Code 5020-040
Location KHASHM AL AN
Basic Functions Performs duties as an Aircraft power train technician. Additionally, performs unit level maintenance on aircraft power train and rotor systems. Removes and replaces power train quills, transmissions adapting parts, rotary wing hub and tanks. In addition, disassembles friction dampers and hanger assemblies. Disassembles repairs, reassembles, adjusts, balances and aligns power train and rotor components, systems and subsystems to include main and tail rotor hub assemblies according to directives. Also, applies corrosion preventative procedures. Cleans, preserves, and stores power train and rotor components. Uses and performs operator maintenance on ground support equipment, common and special tools. Maintains facilities for storage of returnable and hazardous materials. Requisitions and maintains shop and bench stock for repair of aircraft power train and rotor systems and subsystems. Prepares request for turn-ins and repair parts for power train and rotor components. Prepares forms and records related to aircraft maintenance. Ensures that all related maintenance operations are conducted in a safe manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
· Ensures that aircraft Powertrain maintenance functional activities and procedures among designated organizations are planned, coordinated, integrated, and synchronized to achieve established platform operational readiness (OR) rates IAW contractual requirements.
· Responsible for the compliance with established maintenance systems, processes, procedures and reports that provide immediate situational awareness of platform OR rates.
· Establishes daily maintenance operational goals, objectives and priorities for implementation in-order to achieve stated OR rates.
· Oversees the daily power train maintenance management of individually assigned aircraft in support of the Aviation Maintenance Manager, in conjunction with the Aviation Logistics Manager activities for related platform parts and spares.
· Works within the maintenance quality control processes, procedures, and standards.
· Reports direct inquires, investigations, and research analysis related to aviation power train maintenance and supporting maintenance activities to the Aviation Maintenance Manager.
· Ensures all maintenance operations and related maintenance support activities are conducted in a safe manner.
· In coordination with the Aviation Manager, supports the Downed Aircraft Recovery Team (DART) processes and procedures.
· Other tasks as directed by Production Control Manager.
B.Independence: Performs within the broad guidelines of duties and responsibilities with significant choice of methods. Retains the authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C.Supervisory Responsibilities:As assigned.
A. Education Level Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
B. Experience Requirements:
· Five (5) years’ experience performing Power train maintenance.
C. Specific Knowledge, Skills, Certifications, and Ability Requirements:
· Graduate of a US Militaryaircraft power train maintenance course or civilian equivalent.
· Proficient in the use of computer-hosted interactive technical manuals, aircraft maintenance forms, and other aircraft related documentation.
· Proficient in MS Office software.
· Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
· Possess a valid US issued driver’s license and passport.
· Successfully pass an overseas deployment physical upon hire.
D. Desired/Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Associates degree or higher.
· Ten (10) years’ experience performing Powertrain maintenance on AH-64/UH-60 aircraft power train systems.
· Previous Certification as Level II or III NDI Technician in Mag Particle, Ultrasound, Eddy Current, Dye Penetrant in accordance with NAS 410.
· Experience on MD530 or AH-6i.
· FAA A&P certification.