Vinnell Arabia AIRCRAFT POWERTRAIN TRNR in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category US Job Only
Position AIRCRAFT POWERTRAIN TRNR
Req Code 4912-029(1)
Location KHASHM AL AN
Basic Functions Performs duties as an Aircraft power train technician. Performs unit level maintenance on aircraft power train and rotor systems. Removes and replaces power train quills, transmissions adapting parts, rotary wing hub and tanks. Disassembles friction dampers and hanger assemblies. Disassembles repairs, reassembles, adjusts, balances and aligns power train and rotor components, systems and subsystems to include main and tail rotor hub assemblies according to directives. Applies corrosion preventative procedures. Cleans, preserves, and stores power train and rotor components. Uses and performs operator maintenance on ground support equipment, common and special tools. Maintains facilities for storage of returnable and hazardous materials. Requisitions and maintains shop and bench stock for repair of aircraft power train and rotor systems and subsystems. Prepares requests for turn-in and repair parts for power train and rotor components. Prepares forms and records related to aircraft maintenance.Provides training to Saudi National Guard soldiers to include certification recommendations for progression from level 1 to level II. Develops training programs, schedules training and documents training in an automated training management system. Provides training reports to the Division Training Manager as required. Ensures that all related operations are conducted in a safe manner.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures that aircraft Powertrain maintenance functional activities and procedures among designated organizations are planned, coordinated, integrated, and synchronized to achieve established platform operational readiness (OR) rates IAW contractual requirements.
2. Responsible for the compliance with established maintenance systems, processes, procedures and reports that provide immediate situational awareness of platform OR rates.
3. Establishes daily maintenance operational goals, objectives and priorities for implementation in-order to achieve stated OR rates.
4. Oversees the daily power train maintenance management of individually assigned aircraft in support of the Production Control (PC) Manager, in conjunction with Aviation Logistics activities for related platform parts and spares.
5. Works within the maintenance quality control processes, procedures, and standards.
6. Reports direct inquires, investigations, and research analysis related to aviation power train maintenance and supporting maintenance activities to the PC Manager.
7. Develops training curriculum
8. Schedules training
9. Documents training using automated training management systems.
10. In coordination with the PC Manager, supports the Downed Aircraft Recovery Team (DART) processes and procedures.
11. Other tasks as directed by the Division Training Manager.
B. Independence: Performs within the broad guidelines of duties and responsibilities with significant choice of methods. Retains the authority to select and implement goals and objectives within the execution of duties and responsibilities.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: As assigned.
A. Education Level Requirements:
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
B. Experience Requirements:
· Five (5) years’ experience performing Power train maintenance.
· US Military or civilian technical trainer experience.
C. Specific Knowledge, Skills, Certifications, and Ability Requirements:
· Graduate of a US Military aircraft power train maintenance course or civilian equivalent training and experience.
· Proficient in the use of computer-hosted interactive technical manuals, aircraft maintenance forms, and other aircraft related documentation.
· Proficient in MS Office software.
· Professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
· Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
D. Specific Knowledge, Skills, Certifications, and Ability Requirements (Continued):
· Possess a valid US issued driver’s license and passport.
· Successfully pass an overseas deployment physical upon hire.
E. Desired/Preferred Education, Skills, and Experience:
· Associate’s Degree.
· Ten (10) years’ experience performing Powertrain maintenance on AH-64/UH-60 aircraft power train systems.
· Experience on MD530 or AH-6i.