Vinnell Arabia Facility Chief - Tower in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Job Category US Job Only
Position Facility Chief - Tower
Req Code 5530-001
Location KHASHM AL AN
Basic Functions Serves as the Air Traffic Control Facility Chief for ATC Tower operations and procedures with oversight of assigned ATC specialist. Operates fixed and tactical air traffic control towers, radars, and flight following facilities. Provide positive control for simultaneous ground movements and arriving and departing rotary and fixed-wing aircraft. Responsible for supervising and supporting the safe operation, movement, and flight procedures of rotary wing aircraft in a training environment.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
A . Duties/Responsibilities:
1. Operates as a facility trained controller when staffing dictates.
2. Provides supervision of Air Traffic Control Shift Leads and Specialists within the facility.
3. Provides training and OJT management for assigned controllers.
B. Independence: Works within ICAO, GACA and MNG Air Traffic control rules, procedures, and regulations with minimal supervision.
C. Supervisory Responsibilities: Has supervisory responsibility for assigned Air Traffic Control Tower Facility.
D. May be tasked with any additional duties assigned by the Manager, Air Traffic Services.
A. Education Level:
1. Associates Degree or an equivalent combination of college level courses, military training and job site experience may be substituted
2. Graduate of a DoD, FAA or equivalent Air Traffic Control Course.
3. Have a Control Tower Operator (CTO) Airmen Certificate.
4. Have a current FAA Class II Medical Certificate (FAA Form 8500-9) or military equivalent.
1. Minimum of four (10) years experience as a DoD or FAA Controller preferred. Minimum of (7)years experience required.
2. Minimum of three (3) years experience in a supervisory/training role.
3. Required Control Tower Facility Management Experience.
4. ATC experience within the last 2 years.
C. Specific knowledge, skills, ability:
1. Must possess an understanding of Aviation Operations Management specific to fixed and rotary wing aircraft.
2. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and written.
3. Ability to effectively communicate with the customer in a professional and courteous manner.
4. Must be able to pass employment and deployment qualification requirements that include medical, drug testing, background checks etc.
5. Valid driver’s license required.