Brinks Coin Room Lead in Roanoke, Virginia
Coin Room Lead
Requisition #:23802Location:Roanoke VA - B0385
Functional Area:BankingEducation Required:None
Position Type:Relocation Provided:No
Experience Required:Less than 1 year
Brink’s U.S., a division of Brink’s, Incorporated, is the premier provider of armored car transportation, ATM servicing, currency and coin processing, and other value added services to financial institutions, retailers and other commercial and government entities. The company has a proud history of providing growth and advancement opportunities for its employees. We have a challenging opportunity for a Coin Room Lead.
The Coin Room Lead is responsible for leading the team that supports and performs the coin sorting/separating and wrapping functions to prevent downtime in the absence of a supervisor. This position ensures the security of all liability and prioritizes daily operations workflow. This position functions in an armed environment. This position requires the enforcement of rules to protect the premises and property of Brink’s and its customers, as well as the safety of persons on the premises of Brink’s and its customers.
• Assume a leadership role for a team of coin processors and their floor supporters in the absence of a supervisor
• Perform daily operations in the coin area including but not limited to verification, change order preparation, inventory management, opening and closing of facility and vault check in/out
• Monitor levels of coin in hoppers and use bank/mint coin as necessary to maintain constant supply of coin to prevent production lags
• Resolve issues affecting production, escalating to the supervisor or manager if necessary
• Resolve customer issues
• Ensure activities are performed in compliance with company policies and procedures as well as state and federal laws and regulations
• Clean conveyor nose trap daily to optimize and maintain filtration and machine balance
• Verify box and bag counts on all pallets in the wrapping area and balance transactions daily
• Monitor and report any deficiencies to the supervisor
• Train employees as necessary
• Confirm that all areas have been cleaned at end of shift
• Cross-train and perform other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 2 years operations experience in a coin processing environment
• Minimum of 21 years of age
• A valid firearms permit or ability to pass applicable firearms licensing requirements
• A valid guard card or ability to obtain a guard card or any other required licenses
• Ability to lift at least 50 pounds
• Good basic math skills
• Cash handling experience in the secure logistics or banking industry
• Data entry experience
• High school diploma or GED
• Excellent ethics and integrity
• High attention to detail
• Collaborative work style
• Ability to work independently
• Professional, positive demeanor
If you have the background and integrity we require and are looking for a challenging opportunity, we hope you will consider employment with Brink’s U.S. We provide eligible employees medical, dental, vision and life insurance plans. In addition, we offer profit sharing opportunities and a 401(k) program with company match. If you are interested and meet the requirements for this position, please apply.
Brink’s is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, marital status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or history or any other characteristic protected by law. Brink’s is also committed to providing a drug free workplace.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Back to top