WindStream Communications .Net Software Developer in Rochester, New York
Come join our team as a full stack engineer to design and implement responsive applications that integrate with our CRM, network, and inventory systems. Theposition will require you to work independently, with your team, and collaborate with cross functional teams. The role will include responsibility for technical design, communicating with product owners to discuss challenges, architecture of new software features, implementation of those features, and ongoing upgrades and revisions to the existing software. Application work will impact company goals, foster innovation and improve customer experience.
To perform the job successfully, the individual must accomplish the following:
- Understand complex problems, solutions, and system integrations.
- Develop responsive web applications to integrate with multiple back end systems.
- Perform research and development on application technologies and methodologies.
- Determine scope of work and recommended approachfor projects.
- Create and document technical design of the software applications.
- Maintain quality and ensure performance of applications.
- Participate in requirements and solution design workshops with IT and business stakeholders to provide analysis and solution design expertise that align with companies current and future needs
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and verbal/written communication
· Highly motivated and self-directed individual, bringing a strong sense of focus and energy to work.
- Experience with large-scale implementations, integrations, and orgs (5000 Users)
- Maintain code integrity, adhere to design principles, and participate in code reviews.
- Regularly communicate with and present deliverables to project team
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other related discipline required.
- 2 years of front-end and back-end development experience or comparable coursework.
- Proficiency in at least one server-side programming language such as: C#, Java, PHP, Python.
- Familiarity with SQL, preferred experience with Oracle PL
- Understand UI/UX patterns and best practices.
- Understand fundamental design principles behind a scalable application.
- Background in object-oriented programming (OOP) and the agile software development life cycle.
- Strong collaborative skills are required.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision as part of a globally distributed team
Benefits and working environment:
The right candidate will enjoy the benefits of working both in a team environment with flexibility to work remotely, have flexible hours, with a robust benefit package.
Minimum Qualifications: College degree in a Technical or a related field and 2-4 years professional level experience; or 6 years professional level related Technical experience; or an equivalent combination of education and professional level related Technical experience required.
Primary Location: *US-New York-Rochester
Job Category: IT
Requisition ID: 19003584
Employment at Windstream is subject to post offer, pre-employment drug testing. Equal Opportunity Employer including minority/female/disability/veteran; Without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. Windstream is a drug-free workplace.
- WindStream Communications Jobs