HCA, Hospital Corporation of America Medical Laboratory Technician in Rome, Georgia
_Redmond Regional Medical Center_
/The Center of Attention/
Medical Laboratory Technician
Shift Details: PRN
Redmond Regional Medical Center is a 230 bed facility, serving as a referral source for all of northwest Georgia and parts of Alabama. Including its healthcare partners, Redmond has over 245 physicians with more than 30 specialties and a support staff of approximately 1,100 associates.
Making excellent medical care convenient and available is Redmond’s first priority. With outstanding medical care and attention available 24/7, the hospital offers a variety of inpatient and outpatient programs, many of which are unique to the northwest Georgia region. Redmond offers a full service cardiology product line and is nationally recognized as a top cardiac care center. Other areas of excellence include emergency care, orthopedics, vascular care, oncology, an inpatient rehabilitation unit and more.
Redmond Regional Medical Center is looking for a Medical Laboratory Technician to join their Team!
_ *_ _
_* Job Summary: * Under limited supervision, performs tests on body fluids and exudates to provide information for diagnosing and combating infectious diseases, and to provide data on causes and progress of disease. * Provides laboratory services to meet the needs of patients performed in accordance with accepted standards and practices * To act as a role model for care delivery and demonstrate WE CARE Values in all actions. This includes demonstrating excellent service behavior.
- Degree in MLT: Approved college associate degree or technical program certification or equivalent years of experience required.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of experience or recent graduate of an approved program
- Completion of an approved hospital based MLT clinical practicum
- Experience in at least 3 areas of the Clinical Lab preferred.
- Medical Laboratory Technician Registry, MLT: Georgia Office of Regulatory Services; Laboratory Personnel Qualifications 290-9-8.06 provides new program graduates 18 months provisional certification to afford them an opportunity to successfully complete an approved MLT qualifying examination.
- Must have the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, which addresses the physical, psychosocial, educational, and safety age appropriate needs of the patient populations served within the department.
Title: Medical Laboratory Technician
Location: Georgia-Rome-Redmond Regional Medical Center-Rome
Requisition ID: 00038-8117