Waste Management WM Career Day - Transportation Manager - Routes in ROMULUS, Michigan
Title: WM Career Day - Transportation Manager - Routes
Location: United States-Michigan-Romulus
Job Number: 18002330
WM National Career Day Hiring Event
Detroit Marriott Livonia
17100 North Laurel Park Drive Livonia, MI 48152
March 22, 2018
Applynow. Walk-ins are welcome.
EqualOpportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), aFortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste andenvironmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to afoundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financialstrength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential,commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through anetwork of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recyclingfacilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
You will be responsible for all aspects of the Roll-off line ofbusiness. Some of your responsibilities include hiring, coaching and trainingyour drivers, keeping the culture of Safety, working with our Dispatch andCustomer Service teams in Michigan for routing and ensuring your customers arereceiving a high level of service and managing to the metrics.
II. EssentialDuties and Responsibilities
To perform this jobsuccessfully, you will need to perform each essential dutysatisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned. Some of theseduties are:
- Organizes and schedules all necessary resources required to accomplish activities. Coordinates daily operational needs with Maintenance team.
- Plans, distributes, monitors, and follows-up daily route assignments to ensure customers are serviced per company standards and agreements.
- Manages the end-of-day check-in process including post trip quality, capturing and communicating key service, safety, and equipment issues.
- Ensure compliance with DOT and OSHA rules and regulations including documentation and record keeping.
- Reviews weekly demand / volume for routes, determines potential gains from re-routing, and recommends re-routes to the routing specialist.
- Sets and monitors productivity, service, and safety targets for each route and driver.
- Promotes a union free atmosphere and where appropriate, establishes collaborative relations with unions.
- Works with functional groups to resolve employee relations and labor relations issues.
- Conducts Root Cause Investigations for all injuries and incidents, ensuring consistent discipline and retraining.
- Visits customers and customer sites to evaluate and resolve safety issues, seeking service alternatives where appropriate.
- Teams with Dispatch and Customer Service to identify and resolve routing and customer service issues
- Communicates and follows-up on sales opportunities, problems at customer site, DVIR repairs, container swaps, and safety issues reported by drivers.
- Whatever else needed to ensure a successful, ethical, and safe company.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has supervisoryresponsibilities for Drivers assigned to the position. This includesresponsibility for employee performance reviews and feedback, scheduling timeoff, employee grievances or complaints, pay changes and job responsibilities.
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education andExperience
- Required: Associate's Degree (accredited) or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 2 years of relevant work experience.
- Education Preferred: Bachelor's degree in Transportation, Logistics, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Business Management.
- Experience: No experience required (in addition to education requirement).
- Experience Preferred: Route Manager experience. One or more years of transportation experience involving managing and successfully coaching CDL drivers.
B. Certificates,Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
Valid driver's licenseand good driving record.
C. Other Knowledge,Skills or Abilities Preferred
High level of technicalexpertise in using computer programs, and creating and analyzing reports.
Strong coaching skills
Ability to engagedrivers and develop talent
Proven ability to createcollaborative relationships with all involved departments
Directmanagement/supervision of drivers
Strong communicationskills and strong listening skills.
Good analytical skillsand previous experience managing to metrics.
Proven ability to driveresults
Working knowledge of DOTrules and regulations
Ability and willingnessto work 10 to 12 hours a day - starting as early as 3:30am up 6:30am on arotating schedule.
Listed below are keypoints regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonableaccommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities toperform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for thisjob is:office setting and/or landfill/outdoor.
At Waste Management,each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation packageincluding Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short TermDisability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, andmore! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and PersonalDays. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like theopportunity that you have been looking for, please click"Apply.”Text “WASTE” to 51893 to join our team (or learn more)
Overtime Status: Exempt
Job Field: Operations