US Foods Intern - Insights & Analytics - Business Analytics & Forecasting in Rosemont, Illinois
The Insights and Analytics – Business Analytics & Forecasting (BAF) Intern is responsible for helping provide analytical support to internal business partners within US Foods which includes conducting & delivering analyses, development & delivery of ad hoc & regular reports, and developing analytics & processes to support business strategies.
The US Foods Summer Internship Program provides a forum for students to apply classroom skills and academic training in a real world business environment. In addition to being assigned business-impacting projects throughout the summer, students will be matched with a manager who will meet with them on a regular basis to provide direction on assignments as well as deliver performance feedback and a mentor who will be available to offer day-to-day guidance and support.
Embracing the organization’s core values, the US Foods Summer Internship Program Mission is to TEAM UP to build a supportive learning environment where we TALK STRAIGHT about performance development by delivering constructive feedback and positive reinforcement to deliver SECOND TO NONE program experiences to those students who spend their summers with us.
Interns will also get exposure to US Foods executive leadership; have an opportunity to participate in learning and social events with other interns across business functions within our Corporate HQ; and have an opportunity to deliver an end of summer presentation to showcase their accomplishments with key business leaders. Dependent upon critical business needs and overall performance during the summer, there may be opportunities for students to continue working as a part-time intern during the school year.
US Foods internships are full-time paid positions (40 hours per week from May - August) with the possibility of transitioning to a full-time position post-graduation dependent on availability and overall performance.
Please note: We are unable to provide internships to students that require sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H-1B visa status). Candidates who possess the unqualified right to work in the United States are eligible to apply.
Local candidates are encouraged to apply. For qualified students whose permanent home of record is located outside 50 miles from US Foods Corporate HQ, a stipend will be offered to partially offset housing costs for the summer.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Support internal business partners in the development of tools & reports for end users, including developing requirements. Identify opportunities to standardize processes through analytics, forecasting & reporting tools, such as SAS, R & Tableau.
• Understand how data cleansing and data manipulation is critical in designing efficient data sources. Development of new/ modify existing SQL syntaxes to optimize data sources in reporting & forecasting.
• Support team members in developing synthesis of analyses & development of clear & concise communications/ presentations to business partners. Support presentation of analyses to internal business partners; may present with oversight and supervision.
• Ability to recognize, follow and analyze market trends. Research historical market trends to determine how it can influence business.
Possible project may include:
• Analytical support for the market-level planning & forecasting process
• Exposure on how analytics and forecasting support marketing
• Support the development of promotional forecasts
• At the conclusion of program, intern will present projects and internship experience within I&A
• Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Mathematics or related discipline degree program
• Must be enrolled in school during time of internship
• Typically, students currently between their Junior and Senior years or between their 1st and 2nd years of graduate school will be considered for internships
• Enrolled in courses/ coursework pertaining to modeling (including regression), segmentation, econometrics, time series analysis, survival analysis or other coursework quantitative in nature
• Experience in SAS or open source statistical programming. Ability to quickly understand and modify existing codes, and outline program flow
• Experience in SQL to develop queries and extracts from multiple data sources
• Experience with R or Python and especially using cloud based databases (such as Snowflake) is preferred
• Tableau or related visual presentation/reporting tool a plus
• MS Office Proficiency including PowerPoint
• Works well in a team
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational & multi-tasking skills
Primary Location: Rosemont-IL
Schedule: Full-time Shift: Day Job
Job Function: Office/Clerical
Job Level: Individual Contributor