Deloitte ERM Sr. Consultant in Rosslyn, Virginia
Are you a big-picture thinker who connects the dots and thrives on anticipating the unexpected? Are you energized by helping Federal organizations prepare for challenges and overcome threats? If so, Deloitte could be the place for you! Join our team of Strategic Risk professionals who works with clients to understand that embracing risk can drive performance. If you are seeking a role that offers you the opportunity to advise Federal clients through critical and complex issues, while allowing you to develop personally and professionally, consider a career in Deloitte Advisory’s Strategic Risk practice.
Work you’ll do
As a Senior Consultant within our practice you will:
• Help clients enhance their strategic risk awareness in the areas of enterprise risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management and grants management
• Facilitate use of technology-based risk assessment tools or methodologies to review, design and implement solutions
• Perform project tasks independently, and may direct the efforts of others
• Participate in and/or lead the development of deliverable content that meets the needs of the client and contract
• Anticipate client needs and formulate solutions to client issues
• Review deliverables for accuracy and quality
• Provide coaching to junior staff
• Contribute to new business proposals and proposal development
• Manage own personal and professional development
Transparency, innovation, collaboration, sustainability: these are the hallmark issues shaping Federal government initiatives today. Deloitte’s Federal practice is passionate about making an impact with lasting change. Carrying out missions in the Federal practice requires fresh thinking and a creative approach. We collaborate with teams from across our organization in order to bring the full breadth of Deloitte, its commercial and public sector expertise, to best support our clients. Our aspiration is to be the premier integrated solutions provider in helping to transform the Federal marketplace.
Our Strategic Risk Team provides analysis and assessment of critical risk factors that can impact our Federal client’s operations and overall environment. We help our clients navigate these complex risk factors in the areas of enterprise risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, and grants management.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Risk Management, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, Engineering, Geography, Geospatial Intelligence or related field
• 2 years of relevant experience in one or more of the following areas - risk management, geospatial analytics, crisis management, or grants management
• Experience working independently with minimal supervision and guidance
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills with experience exercising mature judgment
• Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
• Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
• Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
• Must be able to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
• Ability to develop or support ERM strategies, objectives and policies that will achieve successful risk identification, management and governance
• Experience in one or more of the following areas - risk management, internal controls, or cyber risk management
• Responsible for executing risk management projects for client(s) including planning the ERM program design, developing the ERM program and implementing ERM program strategies.
• Graduate degree
• One of more relevant certifications
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center. (https://zoomforth.com/s/deloitte/du#home)
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/life-at-deloitte-benefits-and-rewards.html)
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/careers/life-at-deloitte.html?icid=top_life-at-deloitte)
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/deloitte-corporate-citizenship.html)
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you’re applying to.Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals. (http://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/topics/recruiting-tips.html)
Category: Risk Management
As used in this document, Deloitte means Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
- Deloitte Jobs