Hilton Internship - Duty Management (operational) in Rotterdam, Netherlands
Hilton Rotterdam is located in the city centre of Rotterdam. Our facilities include ROOTS that offers a place to lunch, dine and relax.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of the most recognized names in the industry. The brand continues to be the innovative, forward-thinking global leader of hospitality. With products and services that meet the needs of tomorrow's savvy global travellers, we shape experiences in which every Guest feels cared for, valued and respected.
As Duty Management Trainee, you report the Front Desk Manager. Examples of your tasks:
- Take part in training courses and e-learnings actively and put obtained knowledge into practice.
- Attend the daily shift handover in order to obtain all the relevant information from the previous shift, including the volume of business, special guests, tasks to be clarified and to be completed and special events.
- Know the emergency equipment, emergency phones, emergency alarms and procedures in the hotel and know what to do in case of emergency.
- Check three rooms daily and report findings to the Housekeeping department.
- Carry out the daily Fire, Life & Safety tour through the hotel and register findings in the Duty rapport.
- Manage, record, and resolve promptly all Guest complaints.
- After closing hour of the housekeeping department coordinate housekeeping requests.
- Fill out Duty report and journey log with findings and action taken.
- Independently work with hotel systems.
- Cooperate with Team Members from all departments and when necessary assist the departments with their daily tasks.
- Check VIP rooms.
- Meet and greet VIP Guests and major corporate clients upon arrival.
- Handle, record and follow through with management issues or emergencies that arise.
Are you communicative, flexible, fluent in Dutch and English and do you have relevant experience? We are looking for you! Apply and join our amazing team at the Hilton Rotterdam. Minimum length of the internship is 6 months, you must be currently undertaking a study in the field of hospitality.
Hilton is #6 ofBest Workplaces: Large & Multinational 2017!
Job: Guest Services/Operations
Title: Internship - Duty Management (operational)
Requisition ID: HOT04VSW